Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

wlc_tx_fifo_sync_complete

This is a discussion on wlc_tx_fifo_sync_complete within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hello. Replaced my SR203 router with AX86U and add a Draytek 166 for my GFast plus a pair of ZenWiFi ...

SirHernan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: RT-AX86U & Draytek 166
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

wlc_tx_fifo_sync_complete

Hello.

Replaced my SR203 router with AX86U and add a Draytek 166 for my GFast plus a pair of ZenWiFi AX in AiMesh mode backhaul mode ON.

The Asus router was flashed with the Merlin 386.1_beta3 and beta4

After rolling back the firmware the device was factory reset and reconfigured from scratch.

A Cisco Meraki switch MS120-8LP with RSTP enabled handles more of my wired connections.

Connection was stablished fine but the issue I am having is that randomly all devices disconnect from the internet for a few seconds and reconnect again.

Have seen this while playing online and during Teams/Zoom meetings as the session seems to stop ( I can continue listening to the other people during the meeting but they cant) and then when I reconnect works like nothing happened. But it happens constantly.

Checking the time logs of these dropouts the following is reported:

Jan 19 15:43:52 kernel: CONSOLE: 302326.025 MQ: wlc_tx_fifo_sync_complete: fifo 4: collected 3 pkts

Jan 19 15:44:12 kernel: CONSOLE: 302345.632 MQ: wlc_tx_fifo_sync_complete: TXPENDTOT = 0

Jan 19 15:44:12 kernel: CONSOLE: 302345.632 MQ: wlc_tx_fifo_sync_complete: fifo 4: collected 2 pkts

Jan 19 15:44:32 kernel: CONSOLE: 302365.240 MQ: wlc_tx_fifo_sync_complete: TXPENDTOT = 0

Jan 19 15:44:32 kernel: CONSOLE: 302365.240 MQ: wlc_tx_fifo_sync_complete: fifo 4: collected 1 pkts

Jan 19 15:44:52 kernel: CONSOLE: 302384.847 MQ: wlc_tx_fifo_sync_complete: TXPENDTOT = 0

Jan 19 15:44:52 kernel: CONSOLE: 302384.847 MQ: wlc_tx_fifo_sync_complete: fifo 4: collected 2 pkts

My Linux is no way my strong point, any idea what this means?

Have attached a syslog as well.

Thanks,
      H
      Attached Files Attached Files

2. Advertisement
      SirHernan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: RT-AX86U & Draytek 166
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: wlc_tx_fifo_sync_complete

Hi again,
      It turns out that the MTU was the main reason of my issue..
      Draytek 166 (UK) comes with a default MTU of 1520 (at least mine - brand new) = had to reduce this to 1500.
      My Asus Merlin MTU had to be tweaked to 1508 - after that no more packets loss.

Hope that helps someone...
      Cheers