Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

TP-Link Archer VR2800 Sky Fibre set up issues

This is a discussion on TP-Link Archer VR2800 Sky Fibre set up issues within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Having looked into alternatives to the standard Sky Q modem/router (due to poor wireless strength and no QoS options) I ...

Frel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: TP-Link VR2800
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

TP-Link Archer VR2800 Sky Fibre set up issues

Having looked into alternatives to the standard Sky Q modem/router (due to poor wireless strength and no QoS options) I decided on a TP-Link Archer VR2800, however I'm having significant issues in actually connecting back to Sky Fibre Unlimited.

I've run through the quick setup, creating the appropriate WiFi channels and selecting Sky_MER (VDSL) as the internet option. All lights are white and solid except for the internet light, which is orange. Network connection diagnosis indicates that the router can't find an outside connection.

I have noted that various guides re: connecting to Sky talk of entering a username and password but that's never been an option for me and having trawled the internet I'm stumped as to the cause.

Does anyone have any further guidance on the specifics of setting up this particular modem/router for sky Fibre?
      Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      tarsins is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llanelli
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: TP-Link Archer VR2800 Sky Fibre set up issues

It worked great when I had one but since I've had the new Q hub I've not needed it. IIRC I followed this guide:
      https://kevq.uk/how-to-use-a-tp-link...y-fibre-optic/
      --
      Steve

Exchange:
      Thanks

Following that guide it talks of entering a username and password, but once I choose Sky (MER) VDSL I'm never asked for one and there's no fields to manually enter them?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frel View Post
      Following that guide it talks of entering a username and password, but once I choose Sky (MER) VDSL I'm never asked for one and there's no fields to manually enter them?
      Should anyone else run into this issue, I've solved it and it was frankly ridiculous.

The username and password input fields only exist if you log into the router via an actual computer, logging in via your phone's browser or the dedicated tether app will not show the appropriate fields (nor even reference their existence).

Hopefully my troubles will save others the same irritation in the future.