Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Like Tree22Likes

Custom Firmware for Sagemcom 2504N (Based on Sky 6.14.2a4N_UNI)

This is a discussion on Custom Firmware for Sagemcom 2504N (Based on Sky 6.14.2a4N_UNI) within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I have just finished creating a custom firmware for this router similar to the one for the 2504 ( http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/techn...04-router.html ...

mrmt32 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: West Malling
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Custom Firmware for Sagemcom 2504N (Based on Sky 6.14.2a4N_UNI)

I have just finished creating a custom firmware for this router similar to the one for the 2504 (http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/techn...04-router.html). The firmware activates the following features:

• Sagem web interface with advanced settings
      • Sky Router Tool support*
      • An embedded 'lite' version of Sky Router Tool

I will need to release an update for the full version of Sky Router Tool to make it completely compatible (I will do this soon), some features may not work in the current version. The embedded Sky Router Tool lite will work fine however.

Changes:
      V1.2
      ------
      - Fixed: Sagem web interface not saving some settings properly
      - Fixed: Upload and download rate statistics wrong way round in Sky Router Tool Lite

V1.1
      ------
      - Added: Sky updates should now be disabled by default
      Details:
      As anyone who owns one of these routers knows, the default administration interface is very limited, many features that this router supports have been locked out by sky (DNS settings, Quality of Service, IP Filtering etc.). The default sky firmware actually has a secondary Sagem web interface with access to all these settings, but it is turned off by default (and it cannot be changed from the sky web interface).

This custom firmware updates the configuration area of the router to allow access to this advanced web interface.

Warnings: Read these carefully!
      • If your router gets unplugged / there is a power cut during the upgrade process your router may become inoperable. However unlikely this may seem, it is a very real possibility and this procedure should only be attempted if you have a backup router.
      • All your router settings will be lost during the upgrade process, INCLUDING the factory default settings (wireless SSID, wireless key and MAC address). If somthing has happened to the sticker on the base of your router detailing this information DO NOT flash this firmware. Without these details you will not be able to connect to the internet.
      • It is highly recommended that you connect to your router directly via ethernet cable and NOT through wireless while updating.
      • It is highly recommended that your disconnect your router from the phone line while updating.
      • All though I have tested this firmware extensively, there is a chance that something may go wrong. I will not be held responsible for any harm that comes to your router due to use of this firmware.
      • Sky automatic updates have not been disabled by default, if they release a firmware or configuration update in the future it may overwrite this firmware and disable the extra features.

Advantages
      • The full sagem web interface is enabled by default, giving access to a large amount of previously unavailable settings.
      • This firmware will work with Sky Router Tool.
      • Contains a 'lite' version of Sky Router Tool which runs on the router.

How to install it

• Before continuing make sure you read, and understand all of the warnings above
      • Download the new firmware from Custom Sagemcom F@ST 2504N Firmware - pH-Mb
      • Log into the sky web interface and select "Maintenance" followed by "Router Upgrade"
      • Browse for the firmware file then click "Upload". Make sure you do not unplug your router after starting the upgrade process, doing so could permanently break it.
      • Wait about 2 minutes before trying the next step.
      • After 2 minuites visit http://192.168.0.1 (if you previously had changed your router's ip address it will now have reverted to the default).
      • If all went well you should be greeted by the following screen:
      • Type in the details it asks for, making sure they exactly match those on the bottom of your router
        After clicking save you should get the following screen and your router will reboot:

Sagem Web Admin Access

The Sagem web admin can be accessed either from the link on the front page of the sky interface, or by visiting http://192.168.0.1/sky_unlocked/main.html.

Sky Router Tool Lite

Sky Router Tool Lite can be accessed either from the link on the front page of the sky interface, or by visiting http://192.168.0.1:8324/srt.

The following features are available:

• Connection Details
      • Process List
      • ADSL Statistics Graphs
      • Ping
      • Setting SNR Margin
      • Running arbitary commands

Sky Auto Update

The sky automatic firmware update is still enabled with this firmware. If Sky release a firmware update, it may overwrite this modified firmware.

Source
      Tools to edit this firmware / create your own modified firmware are available from http://www.ph-mb.com/downloads/fast2..._mrmt32.tar.gz
      Last edited by mrmt32; 12-12-12 at 10:10 PM.
      snadge and madcustomer like this.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mrmt32 For This Useful Post:

BroadbandKing (12-12-12),FreckBlue (21-03-13),hop128 (05-01-13),Isitme (10-12-12),madcustomer (22-12-12),mysticalgr (10-12-12),NewsreadeR (10-12-12),Restorer (26-12-12),SChr (03-02-13),snadge (01-09-13),TigerRob (10-12-12)

3. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Custom Firmware for Sagemcom 2504N (Based on Sky 6.14.2a4N_UNI)

Well done. This will be greatly apreciated by users of this router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Well done, tweeted the link to our followers.

I may try it shortly.

Also, is it possible we can have the details etc on this thread?
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Aebleskiver is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I flashed this firmware but I'm having a problem with the DSL sync which keeps dropping continuously? Authentication works and I can access the internet for the short moment that the sync stays up, but then it drops...

Default settings, btw

Great job on getting started with the new firmware!

EDIT: Just did it again, although the connection stayed up for a few minutes this time... mrmt32, do you have an original firmware I can flash for the time being? The constant resyncing is causing the DSLAM to hammer my sync rates so I've had to power down the router for now.
      Last edited by Aebleskiver; 10-12-12 at 07:32 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've managed to observe what's happening with the sync dropping btw...

The connection is fine for a bit and then the noise margin suddenly nosedives into the ground (according to the stats), then sync dies and the resync begins again... o.O

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

mrmt32, do you have an original firmware I can flash for the time being?
      There should be one on the CD that came with it?
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewsreadeR For This Useful Post:

Aebleskiver (10-12-12)

Cloud is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Norwich North (EANCN)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Look forward to flashing this once the net is free!
      XBL: CloudSTRIFE IIx
      PSN: fps_cloud

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the tip, I completely forgot about the CD I'll extract the file from there and think I'll have to go back to the standard firmware for now...

Have you had the same sync problem at all?

I've confirmed that it seems to be a firmware issue because I just dug out my old modem and it syncs perfectly stable..

Also for the time that the 2504N stayed sync'd, there were pretty wild fluctuations in the downstream snr... like 7.5, 6.3, 7.6, 6.4, 7.2, 7.9 dB...

EDIT: I've now managed to get it to stay synchronised so far by disabling "Bitswap Enable" in DSL settings, but the nm is still doing the wild fluctuations.

mrmt32 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: West Malling
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

Hmm that is odd, I have been running the firmware for the past 24hrs and it has been rock solid (the SNR is also about 1dB higher than with my old 2504!).

The file on the CD may not work, as far as I know it will only work when the router is in recovery mode (which only happens if there has been a bad flash). The images for the web interface are slightly different (they either have to be signed by sky or have to be a full flash image). The files the router uses to auto-update are signed so that can be used to flash it back to the latest version. I have uploaded 6.14.2a4N_UNI to http://www.ph-mb.com/downloads/FAST2504n_6.14.2a4N_UNI.
      NewsreadeR and Aebleskiver like this.

Exchange:
      Thanks

It is really odd! I'm not quite sure what to try next now to see what might be the matter... any ideas as to what I could try?

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast