Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Local Area being FTTC Enabled

This is a discussion on Local Area being FTTC Enabled within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Wanted to know if I could ring BT /Openreach or whoever is concerned and ask when my particular road side ...

LukeRogers91 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01253
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Local Area being FTTC Enabled

Wanted to know if I could ring BT/Openreach or whoever is concerned and ask when my particular road side cabinet will be enabled for Fibre, I know of a friend who lives a couple hundred
      yards away on another street who can already get Fibre.

Basically I want to know if anyone has had luck or knows contact details that I could use to find out a date or approximate on when the cabinet will be fibre ready.

Also would like recommendations on who to go with once I can get Fibre! Sky Fibre, BT Infinity or Virgin?

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Local Area being FTTC Enabled

Try the BT Infinity checker first:

Superfast Broadband – Get Fibre Optic Broadband with BT Infinity

If that says you can get Infinity, then it is a matter of checking the other ISPs.

As for which product to go for, we'll be a little biased towards Sky on this forum, but please feel welcome to check the others to see who can offer you the package which best suits yourself.

consider what you actually want to do. Prices are important. Not just the Fibre price, but also the line rental as all providers now insist that you use their telephone services too. Speed wise, other than some products being limited to 40mb, they all use the same infrastructure (unless you go to VM) so this will be the same.

If you want to get Sky Fibre, navigate to the Sky site and check whether it is available for you. If you can get BT Infinity, but not Sky Fibre, don't panic. It may take Sky a few weeks or a couple of months to make it available where you are. Annoyingly this is normal whilst everything is being rolled out.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.