Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wake On Lan / Wake On Wan with F@F@ST2504n

This is a discussion on Wake On Lan / Wake On Wan with F@F@ST2504n within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hello ! I'm trying to Wake On Wan one of my PC. It works in LAN but not from Internet; ...

paradogz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Wake On Lan / Wake On Wan with F@F@ST2504n

Hello !

I'm trying to Wake On Wan one of my PC. It works in LAN but not from Internet;

I heard it is because of the ARP being flushed, so that the routeur doesn't know who is 192.168.1.10 after a little while.

My question is : Why doesnt the F@ST2504n doesn't know the IP, whereas I put the MAC reservation for this IP in the administration page ?

Also, I forwarded the UDP 9 to 192.168.1.10 and had no results, but i want to know if there is a way to formard the Magic Packed to the broadcast adress 192.168.1.255 ?

I managed to disable javascript on the main page to do so, setting 192.168.1.255 for port 9 UDP, but it doesn't seem to work.

I have a spare router WAG54G v1, can it be used to my purpose at some point ?

Thanks a lot.

2. Advertisement
      sa321 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0203
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Re: Wake On Lan / Wake On Wan with F@F@ST2504n

I am struggling with the same issue. Let me know if you figure out the way to do it. It seems that 2504n firmware doesnt allow 255 broadcast or use of FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF Mac addresses.

It is hard to understand why WOL has to be such an issue in this day and age. I had no problem with Virgin Hub. probably have to change back to them now

TopCatUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Any one had any luck in getting WOL working over the internet using the F@ST2504n router ??

This is getting very annoying now, as I have tried everything.

Ssscrudddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01604
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Freeview
      Thanks

A different router... I have the F@ST2304N

I tried this a while back. pre-Sky I had WOL working just fine over the net (& internally). Post-Sky it wouldnt work after the pc had been turned off for approx 30 mins (cant remember the exact timing)

But basically on my router, the router would forget that the PC was connected. I cant remember the technical terms now, but unless the connection was active, the router would forget it was there.

The router would recieve the magic packet from the internet, but simply would NOT send it on anywhere... it wouldnt broadcast it to the whole network, it wouldnt send it to the specific pc, I tried lots of different things, static IP address for the relevant PC, putting a 2nd router inline after the Sky router, reserved ip addresses, all sorts of things.

A different router worked just fine, but it was a crappy old modem/router, & it had a lot of internal noise which made Skys DLM slow my connection down, & after they introduced MER that router wouldnt work at all.

Blame it on the router & demand a proper router from Sky, or at least be given permission to use your own proper router... hasnt worked for me, they wont give me a new router, & wont let me use my own one.
      Is the pub open yet?