Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Annoyed with SKY phone help

This is a discussion on Annoyed with SKY phone help within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; right, getting really annoyed with ringing sky up. Basically, i have a 20MB line and only recieving 15.3MB and i ...

doncaster21 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Annoyed with SKY phone help

right, getting really annoyed with ringing sky up. Basically, i have a 20MB line and only recieving 15.3MB and i am sufferign from high ping rates and wish to have interleaving turned off or fast pass turned on. I have resorted to posting on here die to:
      getting cut off for no reason after waiting 24mins
      A man (could not understand what he said, all i heard was "i do not have time for you, i wish to go and help other people now" and hung up
      a woman made me move my router, unplug my phone line, tried to make my take apart my phone box and refushed to transfere me to someone else in technicle support because i would not undo by phone box (which i do not no what to do!)
      i need a number or help as i want to speak to a supervisor now or a number i can ring!
      not happy SKY!

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Annoyed with SKY phone help

Post your stats from your test socket if you have one and from your normal position. 20Mb is an up to speed depending on a number of factors and is not a guarantee. It may be that a simple issue is causing both problems here.
      BTW there is no number for a supervisor and the test socket is the place you need to be to prove where the problem lies and is the proper troubleshooting to carry out in this case and by not doing it you stopped the agent from handling the call properly which could have ended with you going through to CST.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doncaster21 View Post
      right, getting really annoyed with ringing sky up. Basically, i have a 20MB line and only recieving 15.3MB and i am sufferign from high ping rates and wish to have interleaving turned off or fast pass turned on. I have resorted to posting on here die to:
      getting cut off for no reason after waiting 24mins
      A man (could not understand what he said, all i heard was "i do not have time for you, i wish to go and help other people now" and hung up
      a woman made me move my router, unplug my phone line, tried to make my take apart my phone box and refushed to transfere me to someone else in technicle support because i would not undo by phone box (which i do not no what to do!)
      i need a number or help as i want to speak to a supervisor now or a number i can ring!
      not happy SKY!
      I think you possibly think this forum is owned and operated by Sky. Its not. Its run by impartial, third party people.

Anyway, Sky will not turn interleaving off on your line. The most they will do is turn your max delay down to 8, which may already be done.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Post your router stats and we can get a better idea of the maximum your setup will allow.

As advised, you are signed on an UPTO 20mb package, the speed depends on many factors but the main one is distance from the exchange, Sky can do nothing about this.

There are users on here who are on the same package as you and only receive 2mb so don't think you are too hard done by

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Sky don't use Fastpath so you won't get it...all they can do is lower your max delays to 8ms...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket