Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Community Updates for the DG834GT

This is a discussion on Community Updates for the DG834GT within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi James, not sure if this is a bug or a problem with my router, but when i go to ...

Plusnet suck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Community Updates for the DG834GT

Hi James, not sure if this is a bug or a problem with my router, but when i go to wireless settings and then setup access list, the list for available wireless stations is full of stupid entries like AID CHAN RATE RS EQ CAPS ACAPS ERP. if i click the apply button but without selecting anything they go away, but are back on next access to this page, also i am sure there was a refresh button on that page but not any more

Firmware is working great though, not dropped since i put it on

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I'll check it out later today.

One of the big headaches in getting this all to work was that the program which generates the HTML pages which make up the router's web interface, calls out to programs which have had to be updated. So for example, the Show Statistics button on the Router Status page, uses the 'adslctl' command to get the needed data. I had to use a later version of the adslctl command because the old one didn't work with the newer ADSL driver code, but the output of this newer command isn't quite the same as the output from the original command, and it gets "parsed" incorrectly.

My solution to this was to put in a "veneer", that detects where the command is being called from, and if necessary, alters the output to match the old output.

It sounds like the wireless commands also need a veneer, because they were updated for the same reason as the adslctl command was.

Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

LOL i shhat my self when the wireless was not working. It seems the FW changes the defualt WPA Key with something else . Apart from that it flashed nicely

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

James did explain that in his original post!

The default WPA password has been changed so that it is no longer derived from just the router's MAC address. At startup, the router checks for a WPA password consisting of eight capital letters, and if found, the new default password is installed instead. The new password consists of 16 characters consisting of upper and lower-case letters and digits. If you wish to continue using the previous default WPA password (not advisable) you can re-enter the previous password on the Wireless Settings page of the router.

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plusnet suck View Post
      Hi James, not sure if this is a bug or a problem with my router, but when i go to wireless settings and then setup access list, the list for available wireless stations is full of stupid entries like AID CHAN RATE RS EQ CAPS ACAPS ERP. if i click the apply button but without selecting anything they go away, but are back on next access to this page, also i am sure there was a refresh button on that page but not any more
      I changed to the original Sky firmware and there wasn't a Refresh button on the Wireless Station Access List page, although there is one on the Attached Devices page. That appears to work fine in the updated firmware, but you're right, there is a problem with nonsense entries on the Wireless Station Access List page.

I'll set about fixing that now, but I'll probably want to hold it back a few days, so I can release CU2.03 with that bug fix AND the updated ADSL driver code. I'd like to see the ADSL driver code working for a few more days really, before I make a decision to keep it or go back to the latest DG834GT drivers (which are in fact, not the latest drivers for the Broadcom chip).

Thanks
      Blog Entries

IMO these Sagem ADSL drivers are running like a dream. The Sky FW would disconnect at an SNR of 3 or 4 the Sagen drivers hold it nicely. BTw isit possible to use the SAME ADSL drivers used on the Sagem/Netgear sky routers? On this V1 DG834GT?

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I've come up with a fix for the "Wireless Station Access List" problem - the 'wlanconfig' program was outputting very different data from the previous version and this was confusing the user interface code. I wrote a veneer similar to the 'adslctl' veneer, and it seems to do the job just fine.

I've been out this evening, so I'm not really in a suitable state to do a release just now, but I will do tomorrow. That new release will also have the latest ADSL driver code in it, as it does seem pretty good from what I've seen.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

I am unable to telnet the router? It keeps asking me for a password?

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

You really didn't read the original post did you.
      A telnet daemon can be enabled which allows access to the router's command line interface. The telnet daemon asks for a login name and password, which are the same as the user name and password that are used for the router's web interface (i.e., admin and sky, by default)

Thanks
      Blog Entries

I did but it keeps rejecting the user name and password

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast