Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Rang Sky last night

This is a discussion on Rang Sky last night within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I was connected yesterday and normal browsing speed was okay (could live with it) but downloads where slower ...

chrismyles is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ilkeston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Rang Sky last night

Hi all,

I was connected yesterday and normal browsing speed was okay (could live with it) but downloads where slower than what I have been used to with NTL.

Anyway, got to 5pm last night, and, 5 mins to load up Google. re-booted the modem and for a minute or so connection was okay. Then again very poor connection speed. 10 mins to load BBC site.

Looked at the modem stats, said I was connected with downstream of 3300 Mbps ish but, noise margin at 3.9Db.

Thought I am not going to be able to cope with this every night, so I rang Sky. Interestingly Sky told me I was not even connected yet so I should not be getting internet access at all, I asked why I was, they didnt know!!!

I was told to wait a couple of days and it should improve, I don't think it will and I don't want to wait until after the 8 days where I could cancel otherwise I could be stuck with a poor thing.

What do you think?

2. Advertisement
      Lazarus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: STHYTHE
      Broadband ISP: Mid from 5 Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Rang Sky last night

Not quite the same situation but Sc00by posted a thread last night where BT and Sky seem not to be checking each others work, so to speak, so that customers are actually being seen as back with their old providers. Wonder if something similar has happened in your situation.

The thread is located here:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...-provider.html

It may not be the same situation but something sounds familiar
      Asus P6T Deluxe - i7 920 @3.6GHz - 750GB Samsung F1 - 6GB OCZ Platinum 1600MHz - XFX GTX260 'Black Edition' - Tagan 1100W PSU - TT 'Big Water' 760i - Antec 1200 - Windows 7 64-bit - Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit

ADSL Link..............Down .............Up
      Connection Speed..9215 kbps......606 kbps
      Line Attenuation... 20.0 db..........11.9 db
      Noise Margin........ 20.9 db..........22.0db