Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Slow Connection

This is a discussion on Slow Connection within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I migrated from dsllax on aol where I was syncing at 71000 and now I sync at between 5700 and ...

hardhousehead is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hardingstone
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Slow Connection

I migrated from dsllax on aol where I was syncing at 71000 and now I sync at between 5700 and 62000. I thought it might be the extension cable so I plugged the router to my master socket with the provided short cable and my sync rate went up to only 64000.

Could this be cause I was connected 5 days after my line was activated so I lost 5 days. I am still on my 10 day training period which ends on Monday but my speeds have been like this since I was connected. I used to get higher speeds on AOL so I am sure its not my line.

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Slow Connection

You're adding an extra 0 to your speeds - you weren't connecting at 71000 then and can't be connecting at 64000 now.

Connect, as you know, has a 10 day training period. During this time it is really important to ensure the best possible connection and that almost certainly means not using an extension. Switching connections around during this time (especially from bad to good and back to bad) may lead to problems and may cause the exchange to set your maximum stable rate at a lower level than necessary.

This should all sort itself out. Plug your router into the master socket and leave it alone for a few days.

hardhousehead is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hardingstone
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Slow Connection

I know this but even during my trainig period on AOL, I was getting much better speeds and I allways kept it connected via a extension lead.