Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

1Mbps on a 5600Kbps sync

This is a discussion on 1Mbps on a 5600Kbps sync within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; been connected since the 31st of jan on Connect and have had stable 5mbit download speeds since 3 days after ...

avro-vulcan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

1Mbps on a 5600Kbps sync

been connected since the 31st of jan on Connect and have had stable 5mbit download speeds since 3 days after that(sync between 7200 and 7900). Tonight I connected the router upstairs into my room via extension cable (knew I would have a speed loss) Resynced at 5600kbps and obtaining 4mbit download speeds on average.(only using this method until time to fit a twisted pair phone point in this room)

Since I had to setup the filters properly to maintain multiroom I appeared to set one up wrongly (extention had a filter built into it, but the phone point appeared unfiltered) which led to a resync at 1500kbps.

I fixed that by putting an extra filter at the part needed for one of the multiroom boxes and was able to resync at 5600kbps again.
      Initially this worked fine but about 20 minutes later I found the speed limited to 1mbit.

Am I to guess the exchange has gotten that 1500kbps sync and limited the speed to that until it does a few more resyncs at the higher speed ?
      Last edited by avro-vulcan; 09-02-07 at 02:05 AM.

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: 1Mbps on a 5600Kbps sync

Quote Originally Posted by avro-vulcan View Post
      Am I to guess the exchange has gotten that 1500kbps sync and limited the speed to that until it does a few more resyncs at the higher speed ?
      Probably.

It is a really bad idea to change the router connection during the Connect training period unless it is to a better quality connection. Ideally it should be plugged into your master socket and then left alone.

It should sync back higher (may take 3 days) particularly as you're still in the 10 days.

avro-vulcan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: 1Mbps on a 5600Kbps sync

right, in that case I think i'll plug it back into the master socket until I get the proper extention done then.

thanks for the reply