Results 1 to 10 of 11
Am I capped
This is a discussion on Am I capped within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; DownStream Connection Speed 8000 kbps UpStream Connection Speed 1024 kbps on max...
- 03-11-06, 08:35 PM #1
Am I capped
DownStream Connection Speed 8000 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 1024 kbps
- 03-11-06, 08:37 PM #2Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
your on a 8mb down 1mb up?
the upload is usually in 766kbps region so dunno!
but thats 8000kbps depends on the connection stats??
post the full stats?
- 03-11-06, 08:39 PM #3Site FounderExchange: Marshalls CrossBroadband ISP: Sky Broadband UnlimitedRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504nSky TV: Sky+HD box
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- St Helens
- Thanked 390 Times in 314 Posts
- Blog Entries
looks like same problem Bill had last night fredrex~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~
- 03-11-06, 08:51 PM #4
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8000 kbps 1024 kbps
Line Attenuation 27.0 db 17.5 db
Noise Margin 7.9 db 10.0 db
What did Bill do to suddenly get his speeds. These are great above, but they seem to much of a round number !!
- 03-11-06, 08:54 PM #5Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
your stats are brilliant mate though the Noise Margin should be around 10-14db?
But seems you have been put on a Solid CAP like me?
went from 15mb to 7.5mb without any call?
- 03-11-06, 09:03 PM #6
noise margin was 5.0 - 5.7 before i put in the master socket. If I take away the extension wires in the socket will this help as I don't use them any more
- 03-11-06, 09:04 PM #7Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
what were your previous stats? when did you realise you were capped!
and guess what lol.. your on the Highway exchange! So many problems there recently!
- 03-11-06, 10:12 PM #8
Will removing the extension wires on the back of the master socket improve the noise margin. We don't use the extension now.
- 03-11-06, 10:15 PM #9
After the tweak, am now getting :
Connection Speed 13451 kbps 766 kbps
Line Attenuation 31.0 db 17.1 db
Noise Margin 7.5 db 12.0 db
Last edited by Bill; 03-11-06 at 10:28 PM. Reason: secrecy
- 03-11-06, 10:26 PM #10
i am now getting identical stats to you. Still hoping migration falls through or I am able to cancel.