Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What Speeds should I expect?

This is a discussion on What Speeds should I expect? within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well my call has been sat with Tier 2/ BT for 5 days now and last night they actually called ...

AbernusUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gateshead
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

YEY at last

Well my call has been sat with Tier 2/BT for 5 days now and last night they actually called me back. My internet speeds have been slowly increasing over the past few days and are now steady at 3Mb.

However as I pointed out to Tier 2 I still get slow speeds on Newsgroups, I advised they it uses port 119 and that there should be no Trafic Shaping going on as my exchange has not gone through LLU yet.

Will keep you peeps informed.

2. Advertisement
      AbernusUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gateshead
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Oh it's getting worse

I phoned up sky TS on the 0800 number yesterday ( you get English people on this number ) to get an update on the Newsgroup speeds, only to be told that my ticket was closed.

As this is the 4 ticket I have raised and has been closed add to the fact that my BB speeds have dropped off again I asked to speak to a team leader.

Whil speaking to this person I noticed a few bad points, and I would like to share these with you.

1. I was told as the paying customer I have no controll over my trouble tickets I request be raised. I find this hard to believe as working for a large corporation who does IT support (We are UK base) we work on a ticket basis. The customer owns the ticket form the moment it's raised, We controll where the ticket goes for support etc, but the customer tells us if we can close it etc.

2. When a customer calls up to complain you listen to the customer. This is something that Sky BB have failed to tell thier TL's as when I spoke to him he shouted ove me and talked down to me. Not a professional manner.

3. As I reported slow speeds causing me to bum out of games and slow Newsgroups speeds as well as slow download speeds via HTTP, the official responce I was give: "We cant support online gaming or newsgroup issues only internet speeds" No I wasn't asking for Tech support on the game if I was I would call Anet etc. All I want is my connection fixed and speeds increased and stable.

4. Telling the customer he is wrong, and basically saying I don't know what I am talking about is bad customer relations.

I have been polite all the time (even when complaining) as I know what it's like when customers shout at you. It's not nice and gets you nowhere. So after the appauling support, lack of connection and speeds, and the fact I am paying full price ofr this I decided to call Watchdog about the issues. 2 months is more than enough time to get this sorted and from the ammount of others on here having the same issues this is not right for a companuy as big as Sky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12