Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Would like to improve My Speed

This is a discussion on Would like to improve My Speed within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok, my upstream line attenuation and noise margin certainly seem a little lower than before latest statistics System Up Time ...

So Solid Jedi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Would like to improve My Speed

Ok, my upstream line attenuation and noise margin certainly seem a little lower than before

latest statistics

System Up Time 12:45:07

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 7488 kbps 789 kbps
      Line Attenuation 39.5 db 20.6 db
      Noise Margin 8.6 db 9.5 db

i've had some problems with being disconnected from Xbox Live regularly after a period of time. Why would Sky configure my speeds less than before? I rung up to ask about actually improving my speeds not diminishing my speed? what do i do? wait it out for 10 days or what? I'm so fed up, i'm at the point where if i could order fibre optic tomorrow, i would takes it regardless of a bit of increase in price, unfortunately this, to my knowledge is still not an option, i checked BT's website, its still saying i can't have fibre optic from them yet my exchange is meant to be now ready?I wish i could be filled in on what is happening, my only option is Virgin Media as their service doesnt require my exchange to be ready but without going to the hassle of finding a right package ie transfering everything over to them, Line Rental, TV package, Broadband and Calls package.

I am beginning to run out of patience and might well just order with them. The thing with doing that is that Sport is a big reason we stay with Sky as by going with Virgin what u save by having everything with them you probably loose when you have the Sports package with them as they have to sub sky for their service hence why the sports pack is dearer, it would be the same problem with BT also i imagine? For anyone not bothered, not currently subscribing to Sky Sports pack then i'm sure going with other providers is a much better option, its just unfortunate that we like many others can't live without the Sports pack and Sky know this

You wouldn't think it would be that much to ask to have a 10mb+ broadband connection nowadays.

Edit: this is seriously p***'in me off now, just been disconnected from Live again, with these XAV5501's, i swear they are faulty, i have posted my problems in the netgear forums, gonna try my trusty comtrend's to see if i can stay connected for more than an hour.
      Last edited by So Solid Jedi; 11-12-11 at 03:28 PM.
      System Up Time 01:10:31

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 7611 kbps 796 kbps
      Line Attenuation 39.5 db 20.8 db
      Noise Margin 8.1 db 12.5 db

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1618303002.png

2. Advertisement

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456