Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem router range and speed

This is a discussion on Sagem router range and speed within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello guys, I got sky BB unlimited around 10 days ago and got the Sagem fast router v 3.1. The ...

realist77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sagem router range and speed

Hello guys,

I got sky BB unlimited around 10 days ago and got the Sagem fast router v 3.1.

The range on the router is no good and cannot pick up a stable signal in my room even though the router is a few metres away downstairs I have called them and changed the channel and the best range I can get is on channel 8 although its still not great. I am sure that it is the router (Sagem) which has the poor range - Is there any way I could get Sky to swap it for a Netgear V2?

Also I was told id get around 6mb and 1 mb upload but am only getting 4mb. Here are router stats

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream

Connection Speed 5021 kbps 621 kbps
      Line Attenuation 50.5 db 31.2 db
      Noise Margin 6.8 db 10.5 db

Am I getting the right speeds? if not how can I increase this?

Also, to improve the range how can I get sky to give me the netgear router instead?

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sagem router range and speed

You're getting the correct speed for the line conditions at the moment. Plug into your test socket and re-take the stats.

How to test your ADSL in the Master Socket

Do you have another router that you could definitely confirm it's the sagem's poor wireless ability and not down to any local interference? You can call sky and suggest that the sagem is dead and they'll send a free replacement, but it's luck of the draw whether you receive a netgear or sagem. A while back agents could get a manager to send off an e-mail for customers who specifically needed a netgear, but I'm not sure that can still be done.

Zuso2010 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chorley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sagem router range and speed

Hi,
      Been with sky a month and the same Sagem router. We have an extensive network - netgear dg834 plus netgear wireless access point and netgear 16 way fast switch. Swapped out the router and access point for the Sagem..signal looked ok on both laptop connection monitors but even though they showed a strong signal you'd realise you'd already lost the connection. I solved this by disabling the wireless on the Sagem so now it's no more than modem, I plugged my wireless access point into the Sagem and then the sagem into my network switch. Signal now Ok and so far no internet dropouts,no idea as to speed etc. I still have a plan to replace the sagem with a Linksys WA160N but for now at least it's workng, Wireless access point wasn't expensive.
      By the way the idea came from the sky helpdesk!
      Hope this helps