Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Is Sky Connect now the worst BB product in the UK ?

This is a discussion on Is Sky Connect now the worst BB product in the UK ? within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Faust Hi yes it is Sky doing the throttling what is happening though because of the throttling being a Bt ...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Is Sky Connect now the worst BB product in the UK ?

Faust
      Hi yes it is Sky doing the throttling what is happening though because of the throttling being a Bt re-badged product RAMBo see`s issues on lines and reduces the sync speed mine has been as low as 252kbps and Bt capped it at that took awhile to get it resolved Sky can see the issue but as long as sales keep pushing the connect package and the Traffic Management team throttle. Customer Services cannot cope as there is no fix Sky are looking at a date to start unbundle exchanges.
      This throttling issue has nothing whatsoever to do with BT - it is Sky and don't let Sky kid you, Sky manage the traffic not BT though Sky would like you to think otherwise.
      I understand that have talk to someone at Sky who explained about the fat pipe issues was also told that Sky are trying to put Customers who have phone and line rental on to their equipment

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

because of the throttling being a Bt re-badged product RAMBo see`s issues on lines and reduces the sync speed
      Sorry Steve, but I think someone has done a 'snow job' on you. If that were the case, the users Profile would be reduced and it would show up in a much reduced speed during non-peak times, which it does not. As you know, several members have reported speeds of 7Mb+ dropping of to a few kilos during the peak then immediately going back to full speed after the peak time. This would not happen if Rambo came into it, as it requires the line to be stable for several hours before it will increase the Profile.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Hi Tom it has been happening not to all the connect Customer yet but for some at the moment every three to four months the problems start Sky have admitted that they know of the issues I was asked if I would like to leave. You know me I refused stay to the end. It usually takes about two months for the line to readjust to near normal sometimes better I have been discussing this with Sky. For quite awhile now What`s been happening is 4pm till 12:30am plus all day and night weekends and holidays. RAMBo seeing the same issue reoccurring so it try`s to fix an issue which is down to Sky Throttling the connect package.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Hi Tom it has been happening not to all the connect Customer yet but for some at the moment every three to four months the problems start Sky have admitted that they know of the issues I was asked if I would like to leave. You know me I refused stay to the end. It usually takes about two months for the line to readjust to near normal sometimes better I have been discussing this with Sky. For quite awhile now What`s been happening is 4pm till 12:30am plus all day and night weekends and holidays. RAMBo seeing the same issue reoccurring so it try`s to fix an issue which is down to Sky Throttling the connect package.
      Seriously Steve the only RAMBo that might affect your line is if Sly Stallone cut your cable - Sky are doing their usual "we'll try to baffle the customer with science and blame BT". The ADSL Connection (the bit that BT Wholesale supply to all IPStream ISPs.) runs at top speed at all times. It is the actual throughput that drops off at peak times, that is a problem for Sky to fix and the way to fix it is to rent more "fat pipes" from BT. However, we all know Sky won't do that so the problem is only going to get worse. Don't end up being the Captain of the Titanic Steve - you know how that ended.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Don't end up being the Captain of the Titanic Steve - you know how that ended.
      It was a good film though.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

Faust
      Hi did you mean Rate Adaptive Management Box RAMBo for short which is what Bt and their re-badged products are monitored with. Similar to Sky Dynamic Line Management DLM I suppose you could describe Sly Stallone like that. it was me who informed Sky about the issues between Sky connect Throttling and RAMBo and after tests the only option is to cap a connect line to disable RAMBo so it will not run on it. But you still will have the Sky connect Throttling if you look on you will see the issues and the upstream difference is Connect Premium to help with the issues. http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...t-blog-12.html

NewsreadeR
      Hi I cannot remember If I got the girl in the end. My luck I would have probably been given the cold shoulder

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Well just to put a bit of insanity back into the argument I conducted a speed test at 11.23 and returned a reading of 7.3 mbps??????

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Not quite as good just after midnight but not bad

Thanks

Faust
      Hi that is excellent all you need now is for it to stay that way. My profile looks as if it has gone up that is with tests on SkyUser speed tester I will do a Bt test about 1am. It has taken Bt 8 days to reduce my noise margin and connection speed to go up. 13 days for my profile to adjust. The main thing is it is done well I will know for certain after 1am

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Faust
      Hi that is excellent all you need now is for it to stay that way. My profile looks as if it has gone up that is with tests on SkyUser speed tester I will do a Bt test about 1am. It has taken Bt 8 days to reduce my noise margin and connection speed to go up. 13 days for my profile to adjust. The main thing is it is done well I will know for certain after 1am
      Well as interested as I am to see the results steve I'm not going to wait up for you to post after your test so I will take a look tomorrow eh?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast