Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Is Sky Connect now the worst BB product in the UK ?

This is a discussion on Is Sky Connect now the worst BB product in the UK ? within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Faust Hi I know I have been told I can leave even got an apology. I told them I was ...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Is Sky Connect now the worst BB product in the UK ?

Faust
      Hi I know I have been told I can leave even got an apology. I told them I was staying and I was told if they hear anything they would contact me I believe some senior management are not told anything. Also know that they browse SkyUser for information they know who I am through my connect blog something is going to happen when your guess is as good as mine.

2. Advertisement
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Faust
      Hi I know I have been told I can leave even got an apology. I told them I was staying and I was told if they hear anything they would contact me I believe some senior management are not told anything. Also know that they browse SkyUser for information they know who I am through my connect blog something is going to happen when your guess is as good as mine.
      Hi Steve, I'm somewhat torn with what to do. My head tells me that nothing is going to change with the Connect package and that I should leave. However, the only game in town at our exchange is BT or a BT badged product. I left BT after many years and the main reason was poor evening speeds. I know if I leave Sky I will never get the reduced 5 deal again and I'm very wary of jumping from the frying pan back into the more expensive BT fire. The trouble is that the Connect service is now surely the worst BB product on the planet.

P.S. This is part of a response Sky sent me last September -
      We have been given a directive, only last last week, stressing our continual process of improving our platform to provide the best customer experience possible. Alterations to the way we manage the network will mean allowing customers using critical applications such as web browsing, streaming, voice and gaming to use a larger allocation of the bandwidth available.
      I expect you see the improvement very soon, probably in the next couple of weeks.
      Given the above, how confident are you now Steve?
      Last edited by Faust; 16-02-10 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks

Faust
      Hi I know what you mean but there is just over a month to see what is going to happen to the exchanges. The other thing is for 5. I would not go to Bt because it is expensive I received a letter of Bt saying We`d love to have you back-our new BB and calls bundle proves it. 9.99 a month for the first 3months. Then you have line rental of 11.54 a month. What make me laugh is Voted NO.1 for Wireless in the top 10 Broadband awards and most trusted internet provider. By Reader Digest. makes you laugh. I agree Sky have the worst I have been on sky connect begining of 07 other Bt re-badged products from different ISPs seem to be managed a lot better. Isitme posted on http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/speed...ter-stats.html I dont know if you have seen this worth a look Broadband from 4.99 - Compare Best Broadband Deals, Packages & UK Broadband Providers The thing is can it get any worse

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Faust
      Hi I know what you mean but there is just over a month to see what is going to happen to the exchanges. The other thing is for 5. I would not go to Bt because it is expensive I received a letter of Bt saying We`d love to have you back-our new BB and calls bundle proves it. 9.99 a month for the first 3months. Then you have line rental of 11.54 a month. What make me laugh is Voted NO.1 for Wireless in the top 10 Broadband awards and most trusted internet provider. By Reader Digest. makes you laugh. I agree Sky have the worst I have been on sky connect begining of 07 other Bt re-badged products from different ISPs seem to be managed a lot better. Isitme posted on http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/speed...ter-stats.html I dont know if you have seen this worth a look Broadband from 4.99 - Compare Best Broadband Deals, Packages & UK Broadband Providers The thing is can it get any worse
      Well I hope to stand corrected but I think you'll find the only thing to happen in March is that the clocks go forward by 1 hour.

Thanks

Faust
      Hi Busy month March. St Davids Day, Commonwealth Day, Mothers Day, St Patricks Day, Palm Sunday, British Summer Time Begins, First Day of Passover.
      Have I missed anything out

Have Just been reading about Readers Digest going into Administration I wonder what Bt will say http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story....code=45068&c=1
      Last edited by steve16751; 17-02-10 at 07:48 PM. Reason: add news

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Faust
      Hi Busy month March. St Davids Day, Commonwealth Day, Mothers Day, St Patricks Day, Palm Sunday, British Summer Time Begins, First Day of Passover.
      Have I missed anything out

Have Just been reading about Readers Digest going into Administration I wonder what Bt will say Reader's Digest UK placed into administration - Press Gazette
      I'm gutted about Readers Digest - one of the best reads around. I think the problem today is society appears very superficial and so along with it the reading matter gets ever more superficial. One brief look on the shelves in Smiths confirms that.

Back to the BB front and I have been keeping a record of my evening speeds for the last week - a mind blowing 0.2 mbps is the average. Some of the tests have been taken as late as 23:30 and still registered such appalling speeds. Tests taken around 08:00 hrs give me an average of 6.8 mbps.

I don't know what makes you think things will change any come March though Steve.

Thanks

Faust
      Hi I know I have a lot in a bookcase. The one thing that you could guarantee from Reader`s Digest lot`s of information in everyone.
      I have stopped taking so many speed tests because it only annoying I know why my speeds are so low because my telephone number shows 512kbps Address and post code shows 3MBs this is according to Bt Wholesale : ADSL Availibility Checker and said I might be able to receive 1mb then it say`s that I already have an active line and receiving 3MBs or over. That is why I know it is not only Sky but Bt also. that is why I was syncing at 350kbps gradually getting better now 2MBs showing connection speed 2528kbps. noise margin 13db the issue is after 72hrs re-booting the router goes back to 15db and no change so it is a phone call needed shortly. March well I am an Optimist. There is no Problem that cannot be solved. As I said to the last person I was talking to at Sky. My throttling starts at 4pm till 1am
      Last edited by steve16751; 18-02-10 at 01:03 AM.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Lordy Steve those are bad stats - at least my router syncs at 8120 and when not being traffic shaped I get 7 to 7.5 mbps.

Thanks

Faust
      Hi I have never had great speeds I was with Tiscali had the same issues with Bt until someone
      from their head office asked Bt what speed was I getting from the ISP it was`nt 512kbps Bt put the speed right now it is Sky contacting Bt but as usual Bt keep saying 512kbps when Sky Management convince Bt what speed I am getting then Bt will show my telephone number will get at least 3MBs. This happens about every 3 to 4 Months then letter of Bt saying I see you having problems come back to Bt and you will not get any (always phrased different but the same message.) The users I feel sorry for are the one`s living next to exchages and their connection going around the town and then to the exchange. I am looking at a user attenuation to die for but rural and on connect http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-u...-exchange.html

Captain W is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky BB Unlimited 14.2Mb
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post

The above quote is from a recent statement by Sky so you can see where that is going can't you? I believe the other big ISPs have also finished or are about to finish their LLU programme also which means it's looking pretty bleak for those of us who are in Market 1 exchanges

Interestingly, 500,000 out of 1,150 exchanges is not a lot and not a lot out of 2.1 million customers. It shows how many of us are on their appalling Sky Connect service though
      I think that refers to complete unbundle ie 500k are on full LLU and the remainder are on partial LLU/Connect. There's no chance all the rest are on Connect as Sky state they're about to break even on BB and Talk, that would mean they would have 1.6million people on Connect, a product they make no profit on? Defo seems like those 500k are now on a fully unbundled line.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast