Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Is Sky Connect now the worst BB product in the UK ?

This is a discussion on Is Sky Connect now the worst BB product in the UK ? within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Faust Hi the Labour party of the people for the people not any more. I also agree about the Conservitives. ...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Is Sky Connect now the worst BB product in the UK ?

Faust
      Hi the Labour party of the people for the people not any more. I also agree about the Conservitives. I have to admit I liked Margeret for her passion in everything she did right or wrong never afraid of saying any thing to anyone. But what I think well My Views are we all need to work together to make Britain Great once more. You remember the 60`s The best armed forces good RAF great Army and the Best Royal Navy in the world. What have we got now hardly any Ships. Amalgamated
      the Army. and I have not heard anything about the RAF. I cannot be the only one to feel the of my Countrythinkbroadband :: BT plan to share it cable ducts with rivals this may hurry things up
      Last edited by steve16751; 09-02-10 at 02:30 AM. Reason: added

2. Advertisement
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Well just to cheer you up further - there's a plan been aired to save money by amalgamating all three armed services together to save shed loads of cash. We have peoples greed and the - ankers to thank for all this.

Thanks

Faust
      Hi I wonder what the emblem on their caps would be. How about Airman Soldier Sailor in commemoration to those idiots who thought of the idea. It would cost a fortune to create a new uniform what with the designers the developers and the makers. can you imagine the training plus High rankers trying to decide who was in charge

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Faust
      Hi I wonder what the emblem on their caps would be. How about Airman Soldier Sailor in commemoration to those idiots who thought of the idea. It would cost a fortune to create a new uniform what with the designers the developers and the makers. can you imagine the training plus High rankers trying to decide who was in charge
      The acronym amused me greatly - I can feel an updated series of Dads Army coming on.

Don't know whether you saw the news item on the Hospital Gown - a top designer has been commissioned to come up with a new one. He claims it will be gorgeous and aspirational? How can a hospital gown be aspirational, has the world gone completley mad?

Thanks

Faust
      Hi I have just read it BBC News - Hospital gown redesigned to save patients' modesty the idea of the gown was a couple of pulls and its off who wants to look elegant in hospital blood and bandages all over feeling really ill and visiters coming to see you and the first thing they say is thats an elegant gown. The reason America did it last year in this country we have american coming over for operation they will want to look good in hospital.
      One model is being created by U.S.-born designer Ben de Lisi, who has made dresses for stars including Kate Winslet. He told the BBC his design, made from luxury cotton, was "fabulous and aspirational."
      Revealing hospital gowns redesigned - More health news- msnbc.com
      This is the american gown nothing fabulous about that gown another american you can buy this for $50
      Don't look back ? the hospital gown is getting a makeover | Life and style | The Guardian
      One model is being created by U.S.-born designer Ben de Lisi
      He making them for the States as well as the UK he`s not stupid if the Americans don`t like them the British will buy them

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Well personally I don't think you can beat walking from the changing cubicle to XRay with your clothes in a plastic bag in one hand and your other hand trying to keep the gown closed at the back to stop your a - - e hanging out.

Thanks

Faust
      Hi we are lucky no plastic bag just a plastic key and a smile for all the nurses they have more than likely seen a lot worse

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Getting back on topic, I have read on this and other forums posters expecting/hoping that Sky Connect will improve before to long or that their exchange will get LLU. As far as I can see there is nothing on the horizon that is going to improve the Connect package anytime soon as the problem appears to be Sky's refusal to purchase the bandwidth it needs to provide Connect customers with a good service.

As for LLU, well Sky have issued a statement saying their LLU roll-out is now complete and most of the other big players are in the same position. The only hope left is BT converting all its exchanges to ADSL2+ WBC.

Thanks

Faust
      Hi this is all I have seen by soultoyo on http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...tml#post258796
      Might happen but we can only wait the thing is would you buy more bandwidth if the exchanges are going to be assessible to all ISPs. Then again it is Sky

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Faust
      Hi this is all I have seen by soultoyo on http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...tml#post258796
      Might happen but we can only wait the thing is would you buy more bandwidth if the exchanges are going to be assessible to all ISPs. Then again it is Sky
      Sorry to sound pessimistic, however, I have had numerous emails and discussions of promises of "jam tomorrow" from Sky over the last ten months.. That was until I informed Sky I was taking the matter to the regulator for breach of contract. This time I spoke to a senior manager who informed me that I shouldn't have been given these silly promises as the bottom line is - my Sky Connect service is not going to improve as senior people at Sky say their business model cannot support paying BT for any more bandwidth. The manager then advised that I might like to go to another ISP as there was nothing further they could offer me.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast