Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sky Connect speed?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect speed? within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Thanks isitme.Ive decided im going to give o2 ago even vo sky have taken my cap off (for now that ...

wally10 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect speed?

Thanks isitme.Ive decided im going to give o2 ago even vo sky have taken my cap off (for now that is)i should't of been cap so serverley anyway so time to give another isp ago

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

^^^ it's not just you, everyone on Connect is subject to the traffic shaping...q

the cap also can't be removed - if you're not flagged for downloading you don't get hit as much as those who are...it's the lack of capacity on Connect combined with the contention ratio that gives you the slow speeds...

perhaps you're now running on the IPStream as opposed to centrals (which you should be already if you've rebooted anytime in the last 2 weeks)...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

wally10 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Yes i understand the traffic shaping mate but my speeds were dropping below half a mb which is unacceptable my top speed on from 5.30pm till 11,30pm over past 2 weeks as been 30kbs which is shocking and im not a heavey download user,only download now and again at thats through nite if i do.And if you mean reeboot as in turning my reuter off and on i do that alltime as if im not useing pc my reuter is off i never leave it on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345