Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Extremely Slow Speed

This is a discussion on Extremely Slow Speed within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sorry if this is not the right place to post. It is about my Mums internet speed with sky, and ...

Connor!! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01355
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Extremely Slow Speed

Sorry if this is not the right place to post.

It is about my Mums internet speed with sky, and I'm sure she is on the minimum internet package (which is sky base, I think) and her internet is really slow.

She has the Netgear DG834GT router.
      I used the speedtest on this site, and it showed a download of 328 Kbps and upload of 187Kbps which should be download 1653.43 Kbs and upload 291.43 Kbs from your chart. She thinks that is the speed of everybody's internet as she doesn't know much about it, but I see a very very big difference between my internet and hers, since I'm using Virgin Media XXL package at home but she is not in a cable area, thus she is on Sky. From this speed it has put me off sky, but I'm sure that it is much better and hope that it is a fault with the line or something that can get fixed?

2. Advertisement
      Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Extremely Slow Speed

Hi and welcome to the forum . Is it possible for you to post the router stats taken prefereably from the test socket and we can have a look.

How to get your router statistics
      How to test your ADSL in the Master Socket