Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

New Sky Max customer - Terrible Speeds

This is a discussion on New Sky Max customer - Terrible Speeds within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by richone54 do you hear noise on the line when making phone call ? looking at the last ...

JoeB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: New Sky Max customer - Terrible Speeds

Quote Originally Posted by richone54 View Post
      do you hear noise on the line when making phone call ?

looking at the last two sets you posted your upstream NM has gone from 13 to 7 (i have problems on my line and also get a massive drop in NM, not sure what it means apart from a bad line )

To be honest man, our line is quiet and I often can't hear these companies. Not so bad with normal residential calls, but still its not that great. We don't notice any noise or interference though. I would be happy with the 6000 kbps, 350 kbps dl/ul if it stayed the same (previously only on a 1000 kbps dl and 300 kbps ul), but it seems to really drop low on the ul. I have gone back to using the extension socket now, and still getting results of 6000 kbps and 350 kbps (how long it lasts is another story!)

With pipex/tiscali, I was getting 40 kb/s upload speed constantly, it seems with this I'm lucky to achieve 30 kb/s. This makes me think its something to do with sky partly. I emailed them back, asking why I'm seeing such poor upload speeds (after testing on the master etc, with all the correct set up).

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

just so you know, your upload is capped to 416 so it won't go higher than 300-odd
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

JoeB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      just so you know, your upload is capped to 416 so it won't go higher than 300-odd

That is really poor, why do they do it? And is there any way of getting them to uncap it? I had 600 kbps on my first night, and it was going at that speed constantly... now it hovers at a rate of 20-35 kb/s and is really intermittent, changing at every second.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123