Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Strange speed issue

This is a discussion on Strange speed issue within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, wondering if anybody can help me. Been with Sky Broadband since the start in 2006, everything has been ...

HBKRAW is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Netherley, Liverpool
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Strange speed issue

Hi guys, wondering if anybody can help me.

Been with Sky Broadband since the start in 2006, everything has been absolutley brilliant. That is until the past couple of days.

Seems my router is syncing as normal at around 13/14, which usually gives me a great connection. However, the past couple of days have seen my browsing (loading times etc) increase. Downloading from newsgroups doesn't seem to be too affected, I usually download at around 1.4mb, it's down to 1.1 now. It's not the downloading I'm bothered about, it's the web browsing. I do a lot of web design and I'm always refreshing pages I'm working on to see new changes etc, and over the past coiple of days this has become quite tiresome as I'm waiting upwards of 5 minutes sometimes for a standard webpage with one or 2 pictures on it. Loading SkyUser tonight took me around 2 minutes before I got the full page up.

If anybody can help me I'd greatly appreicate it. If you need any details please ask and I'll get whatever it is you need.

Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Strange speed issue

Quote Originally Posted by HBKRAW View Post
      Hi guys, wondering if anybody can help me.

Been with Sky Broadband since the start in 2006, everything has been absolutley brilliant. That is until the past couple of days.

Seems my router is syncing as normal at around 13/14, which usually gives me a great connection. However, the past couple of days have seen my browsing (loading times etc) increase. Downloading from newsgroups doesn't seem to be too affected, I usually download at around 1.4mb, it's down to 1.1 now. It's not the downloading I'm bothered about, it's the web browsing. I do a lot of web design and I'm always refreshing pages I'm working on to see new changes etc, and over the past coiple of days this has become quite tiresome as I'm waiting upwards of 5 minutes sometimes for a standard webpage with one or 2 pictures on it. Loading SkyUser tonight took me around 2 minutes before I got the full page up.

If anybody can help me I'd greatly appreicate it. If you need any details please ask and I'll get whatever it is you need.

Thanks in advance.
      Forgive me if this sounds patronising, especially as you design sites but have you tried the usual steps of emptying the temporary internet files and checked free disk space on the PC. Apologise if this is insulting but low disk space will really affect the download speed when the PC has to search for free space every time. Once all that's checked, check the router page for the sync rate. If u can paste the router stats here it would really help, thanks
      It doesn't get better than this band lol