Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help for new connection please

This is a discussion on Help for new connection please within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by paddy I am connecting by ethernet cable and have used tcp optimizer on the ethernet card. incidently ...

eyemdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMMNSFI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Help for new connection please

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
      I am connecting by ethernet cable and have used tcp optimizer on the ethernet card. incidently i tried the sky user speed test for the first time and got near to 1mb speeds but its still nowhere near the 8mb.
      The stats still look like a very healthy 8 meg connection between the router and the exchange so I think you need to be looking at the PC.

I would be checking for spyware, malware, viruses, anything that could be using your bandwith in the background. Also look at the network card drivers and try an update to latest version. Apart from routine housekeeping like clearing temporary files etc. that's about all I can think of but I am sure someone will be along in a minute with more ideas?

2. Advertisement
      paddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Help for new connection please

thanks,

i had a sneaking suspicion that it may be the computer but wanted to make sure it wasn't the connection. i run avg antivirus and antispyware every week so not sure what is going on. I am trying to get hold of another pc just to confirm that it is mine that is the problem since everyone seems happy that the broadband connection is ok.

cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12