Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Internet speed stuck at old sync rate

This is a discussion on Internet speed stuck at old sync rate within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hey, me again this time my sync speed is currently ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 4288 kbps 448 kbps ...

Devil_Spawn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Internet speed stuck at old sync rate

hey, me again

this time my sync speed is currently

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 4288 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 42.0 db 27.0 db
      Noise Margin 12.9 db 19.0 db

however no matter WHAT i do i cannot download at a speed of more than 80kb/s.

earlier today i noticed that my sync speed was 892 kbps, i believe this is because the phone line to my sky box is damaged/ bad (as it was accidentally plugged in BEFORE the filter. i plugged it in after it, which fixed the sync speed, however now even with everything but the router unplugged, no matter what my sync speed is, i only reach 80-90kb/s download speed. (im am positive it isnt the website or anything)

i dont know how easy that is to understand, its hard to explain, lemme know what u guys think!

edit: also tried tcpoptimiser with no luck
      Last edited by Devil_Spawn; 26-09-07 at 08:27 PM. Reason: info

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Internet speed stuck at old sync rate

You're on Connect which is a rebadged BT service. It is often quite highly contended and many customers find their download speeds rather slow in relation to their sync. It also suffers from fairly aggressive traffic shaping.

Assuming you're not wireless, then there's little you can do but hope your exchange is upgraded or unbundled soon. If you are wireless then try wired to see if this is contributing to the problem.