Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Speed Advice

This is a discussion on Speed Advice within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I assume this latest set of stats were with your router plugged into the test socket (please confirm). If so, ...

Steve case is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Prescot
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Speed Advice

I assume this latest set of stats were with your router plugged into the test socket (please confirm). If so, can you say whether you have any extensions wired from the faceplate. i.e. when you removed the faceplate did you find it to be it completely free of any internal wiring (from extensions)?

The errors for the last hour are good (compared with the previous stats), but you are now connected at a lower speed than before, thus giving a higher noise margin, so I don't know how much, if any, improvement there has been due to being in the test socket.

I suggest you leave your router plugged into the test socket, and see how your connection behaves during the next 24 hours. Make sure you include at least an hour of browsing during the evening (ideally around 9-10 pm) and then post your stats again. If you still have problems then try setting the target noise margin higher as advised previously.
      Useful Links
      Download RouterStats (useful utility for continuously recording noise margin)

2. Advertisement
      isohunter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Guildford
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Speed Advice

hi,

finally think i got this sorted

was trying to sync at a level that was far too high for my line and thus giving errors

i spoke to BT and Sky and was advised my line was only able to take about 4000kbps so i have adjusted using mog utility

i now have a reduced sync a higher Noise Ratio but a more stable connection and because i have no errors there is no lag being created for re-requests of packets

thanks for all your help and teachings

ISO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12