Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Slow BB speeds

This is a discussion on Slow BB speeds within the Speed tests and how to get better results forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi, can anyone tell me if on being migrated to mid from connect can alter my speed . before i ...

paolo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: springburn
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Slow BB speeds

hi, can anyone tell me if on being migrated to mid from connect can alter my speed . before i was getting connected at 3500 approx. and speed tests about 2800 now its about a 1mb connection. im not even sure im on mid as i thought the settings on router stats. were different from connect to mid but all seems the same. i phoned sky and billing said im on connect and discount offer is extended and i will be moved in August. I then got put through amazingly to tier 2 and he tells me i should have been changed on midnite on 25th june , he did some nosing and he said i am defo on mid and blamed the speed drop on my faceplate. the wire and plates are new and pre filtered and have had same speed for months allthough ive had a lot of probs. my line att. is 63db so i was happy with 2.8mb but not 1mb. using wired to test socket gives the same connection speeds ive always had using router into ext. upstairs and using wireless connection , he said i am not capped well why has my connection went to 1100kbps and signal noise doubled to 14db.any info. would be appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Steve case is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Prescot
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Slow BB speeds

I understand that you have fitted a filtered faceplate. Even so it would be worthwhile you plugging your router into the test socket, browsing for a couple of hours, and then posting your full stats.
      Useful Links
      Download RouterStats (useful utility for continuously recording noise margin)