Hi everyone - I've been here before asking what can be done to improve the speed of my connection as I was expecting 8Mbit and getting (now) less than 2Mbit. I am less than half a mile from the exchange and after every time I have raised a level 3 technical query about this, my connection speed has dropped. When I first had my Sky account activated, the router was connecting at about 3.7MBit but now it is only making about 2MBit. This, in combination with setup problems (that optimisers don't seem to be able to correct) is causing my download speed to be about 300KBit with the connection dropping out every few seconds. I have tried everything that sky have told me to do, and I have checked every socket in the house and done everything that I can do - but to no avail. Please can someone help because I might as well go back to a 56K modem at this rate!

Here are my current router statistics (after a recent reboot)

/usr/sbin/adslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Status: Showtime Channel: INTR, Upstream rate = 256 Kbps, Downstream rate = 1984 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode: G.DMT
Channel: Interleave
Trellis: ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 13.8 14.0
Attn(dB): 26.0 17.5
Pwr(dBm): 19.7 4.1
Max(Kbps): 4352 832
Rate (Kbps): 1984 256
G.dmt framing
K: 63(0) 9
R: 16 16
S: 2 16
D: 64 4
ADSL2 framing
MSGc: 1 1
B: 63 9
M: 2 16
T: 1 1
R: 16 16
S: 2.2500 17.6000
L: 512 80
D: 64 4
Counters
SF: 41401 41399
SFErr: 0 0
RS: 1407648 175945
RSCorr: 379 0
RSUnCorr: 0 0

HEC: 0 0
OCD: 0 0
LCD: 0 0
Total Cells: 3294283 0
Data Cells: 47005 0
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 0

ES: 0 0
SES: 0 0
UAS: 35 0
Total time = 12 min 39 sec
SF = 41401
CRC = 0
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 0
Latest 1 day time = 12 min 39 sec
SF = 41401
CRC = 0
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 0
Latest 15 minutes time = 12 min 39 sec
SF = 41401
CRC = 0
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 0
Previous 15 minutes time = 0 sec
SF = 0
CRC = 0
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 0
Previous 1 day time = 0 sec
SF = 0
CRC = 0
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 0