Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky email / Gmail

This is a discussion on Sky email / Gmail within the SkyUser Mail / SMTP forums, part of the Community channel category; I have both a sky email address and a gmail address. Managed somehow to allow gmail to " take control" ...

neilferguson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky email / Gmail

I have both a sky email address and a gmail address.
      Managed somehow to allow gmail to " take control" of my sky email inbox, now all my sky emails are contained in the gmail inbox and any new mail that arrives in to sky inbox are taken and added to gmail.
      My entire sky inbox is however displayed in " deleted".
      How do i reverse this process PLEASE .
      I am just afraid of deleting the gmail account under " settings" within sky yahoo email ( and vice versa) in case i lose them all.
      Any help appreciated

2. Advertisement
      forevergroup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kidderminster
      Broadband ISP: Wholesale
      Router: Cisco Meraki
      Sky TV: Sky Q 1TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky email / Gmail

There is no reason I can understand why removing the Sky email retrieval from your Gmail account would physically delete the emails that have already been sent to your Gmail inbox.

FYI when you added the Sky account in Gmail settings I believe there would have been a tick box to leave copies of the retrieved email on the Sky server. It sounds like this is what you should have ticked when adding it.

The problem is, default behaviour for POP email retrieval is to pull the email from the server to whichever device requests it first. IMAP by comparison is a sync protocol so you will end up with parity between multiple devices.

In terms of 'reversing' the situation, the only way this is likely to happen is if you sync Gmail back to your Sky account via IMAP (if the Sky webmail portal supports this) or if you find a way of exporting the data from Gmail and then importing to Sky.

Outlook would be a good middle-man for this process. If not available, then I'm sure there will be email migration tools online just try googling 'cheap email migration tool' 'personal email migration tool' or similar you get the idea.