Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SKY+ In Flats ??

This is a discussion on SKY+ In Flats ?? within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi, I am trying to go about getting sky + for free by recommending a friend, sky krrp advising me ...

theurbanpixie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wimbledon
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

SKY+ In Flats ??

Hi,

I am trying to go about getting sky + for free by recommending a friend, sky krrp advising me i have to pay 60 for installation but i hope to get them to agree not too. I have recently had the sky installed in my flat wich cost me 100 so not really interested in paying another 60.

I live in a private block of flats which has a communal dish. Does anyone know if i would be able to get sky + without them changing the LNB or having to run another cable. Cause if they do then there would be no opportunity for me to get this package..

2. Advertisement
      Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      You have already posted this before;

they would need to run a new line from your dish - sky+ is twin tuner so you can watch one channel and record another.

depending on terms, it needs to be connected to a phone line as well.

engineers will do the second line bit, as it means running a cable down from the dish to your tv point - they will usually do this along the existing wire. they will do the phone line bit as well, but that is easy - Quote taken from your other thread

NeroAerials is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Not strictly true

Sky+ will work, but with limited ability on just one feed from the dish, so you could have Sky+ fitted in your flat if you insisted.

Only downsides are that you would not be able to watch one programme while recording another, and you would not be able to record two channels at the same time.

You would still be able to have live pause, Recording facility for one channel as normal. I would advise that you make sure that you have a terrestial TV Aerial connection to your box, so that you could still watch channels 1-5 while recording sky, If your Terrestial connection is lined up to a digital Aerial, then you may even be able to fit a freeview box in line and get some more 'Sky channels' while recording or watching your Sky+ system.

theurbanpixie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wimbledon
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanx for your post "NeroAerials"

i completely agree with what you say as the only reason for dual feed is to give the ability to watch one channel and record another. If only a single feed exists then the record, pause and rewind feature theoretically should still be available. The offer sky have given me is free standard sky+ installation and free sky+ decoder so will take them up on this and if they cant run an additional feed sith settle with the singular feed and request they dont charge me the extra 10 for the sky+ subs...

nickmortimer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLSF
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I live in an apartment with a communal dish and only 1 live feed into the sky+ box.

It works but yes you are limited to watching/recording only one channel and live pause, rewind etc all work fine.

i have bought a splitter thingy which allows you to watch more than one channel at once even with 1 feed. something to do with the horizontal versus vertical polarisation?!?

i have to admit i haven't got around to setting it up yet but apparently it does work! only cost 3 so worth the risk i reckon!!

i'll try and dig out the link to the place where I bought mine from

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      cool let us know if it works
      "To help would be a great adventure"