Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Does Sky plus HD transmit AV sender signals?

This is a discussion on Does Sky plus HD transmit AV sender signals? within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I want to upgrade to Sky plus HD from the previous Sky plus version (circa 2005). I have the TV's ...

skydance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: F@ST2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Does Sky plus HD transmit AV sender signals?

I want to upgrade to Sky plus HD from the previous Sky plus version (circa 2005).

I have the TV's to facilitate this, but perhaps someone can help me with a perceived potential problem?

I use scart video to carry a picture to another TV, a distance of 25 mtrs, which presently works fine and I understand the HD boxes also have a scart/vid port?

The sound for this 2nd TV is sent to wireless speakers via the twin jackplug outlets on the rear of the existing sky plus box.

I change the channels at this location, by using an AV sender/receiver (5.8 ghz) and herein, I believe is the problem? I think I've read on here before, that Sky plus HD boxes will NOT transmit AV sender signals?

So how could I change channels at the remote location, and do Sky plus HD boxes also have the sound out feeds I mention above?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Does Sky plus HD transmit AV sender signals?

The Sky+ HD box has phono sockets for left and right audio out. Phono to jack adaptor/leads are readily available although I believe the old white Sky+ box had similar outputs so you should not have any problem.

With reference to the lack of remote control options, this applies to the Sky HD multiroom box which has no rf output to supply an aerial input and magic eye control to a 2nd TV set. This does not apply to the Sky+ HD box but as you are using an AV sender/receiver not a wired connection it would not apply in either case.
      Last edited by seawright; 24-11-12 at 03:30 PM. Reason: layout

4. The Following User Says Thank You to seawright For This Useful Post:

skydance (24-11-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      The Sky+ HD box has phono sockets for left and right audio out. Phono to jack adaptor/leads are readily available although I believe the old white Sky+ box had similar outputs so you should not have any problem.

With reference to the lack of remote control options, this applies to the Sky HD multiroom box which has no rf output to supply an aerial input and magic eye control to a 2nd TV set. This does not apply to the Sky+ HD box but as you are using an AV sender/receiver not a wired connection it would not apply in either case.
      Thank you Seawright, have I got this right?

If I plug my scart connector (for the 5.8 AV sender) into the Sky plus HD box (not multiroom) it will send a signal for me to change channels in the remote location?

I do use the RF output on the existing Sky plus, to connect to a 3rd TV in an adjacent room though. Does the Sky plus HD box have an RF output?

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skydance View Post
      Thank you Seawright, have I got this right?If I plug my scart connector (for the 5.8 AV sender) into the Sky plus HD box (not multiroom) it will send a signal for me to change channels in the remote location?I do use the RF output on the existing Sky plus, to connect to a 3rd TV in an adjacent room though. Does the Sky plus HD box have an RF output?
      It is the A/V sender that sends the channel change signal not the Sky+ HD box so yes it will send the signal. I use a similar set up that has an infra-red emitter attached which I've fixed to the front of my Sky+ HD box with adhesive gel.

Yes the Sky plus HD box has an RF output. It's only the Sky HD multiroom box, without recording facilities, that doesn't.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to seawright For This Useful Post:

skydance (24-11-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      It is the A/V sender that sends the channel change signal not the Sky+ HD box so yes it will send the signal. I use a similar set up that has an infra-red emitter attached which I've fixed to the front of my Sky+ HD box with adhesive gel.

Yes the Sky plus HD box has an RF output. It's only the Sky HD multiroom box, without recording facilities, that doesn't.
      Thank you, a great help my regards