Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ and Multi-room and Sky sports

This is a discussion on Sky+ and Multi-room and Sky sports within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this at all... I had a normal sky box upgraded to Sky+ ...

AndyTats is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01332
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky+ and Multi-room and Sky sports

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this at all...

I had a normal sky box upgraded to Sky+ some years ago and not long after phoned Sky and asked them to enable multi-room. At the time the offer for multi-room was and extra 10 per month, however the lady on the phone mentioned that if subcribe to Sky Sports (for 10 per month) I would get Multi-room for free.

No brainer I thought, so went ahead with that deal... no mention of contracts or anything. So fast forward a couple of years to Sunday just gone. I've been paying 35.75 a month for my normal Sky subscription and sky sports....come to watch the footy and bang, "You are not subscribed to Sky Sports please phone blah, blah....".

So i get on the phone and the initial customer service were no help at all.... so i eventually get put through to cancellations (as i was quite irate by now). The bloke on the other end of the phone said i hadn't had sky sports since 2007!! So what had i been paying for???? I said that my account must have gotten messed up, but he was adamant that i have been getting sky sports for free for all this time!?

I asked to be put through to complaints as i was not happy at all....then he mentioned that they might have to back charge me for viewing sky sports without paying (don't know how they could if its not on their system).

Question is now... do i carry on with my line of investigation and put a complaint in or do i accept that i have actually been getting sky sports free for over 2 years???

Unfortunatley i haven't got any paper work to back any of this up....

Anyone had a similar experience or offer any advice? I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Andy

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky+ and Multi-room and Sky sports

It looks like you have been getting Sky Sports free for several years. If you got a offer to start with this would only last for 6-12 months before you would be expected to pay the full rate. In your place, I would say nothing and give them a ring and ask what offers they have for taking Sky Sports, don't even mention you had it before. You may get a well discounted offer.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

AndyTats is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01332
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ and Multi-room and Sky sports

Thanks for the reply... I've come to the same conclusion to be honest. Guess I got lucky for once!