Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Multiroom & Sky HD in a Flat

This is a discussion on Sky Multiroom & Sky HD in a Flat within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I live in a flat and have a SKY+HD box in the living room, we have a commnual dish and ...

JoCo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Multiroom & Sky HD in a Flat

I live in a flat and have a SKY+HD box in the living room, we have a commnual dish and when we moved in we got a guy round so we could use the SKY HD+ box to record programmes while watching other programmes. We now want to get Sky Multiroom in the bedroom with a seperate SKY+HD box in is this possible?

I spoke to an aerial man today ( not the one that did the original wiring) and he said I couldn't as in communal flats then each flat is only allocated two feeds and these would be taken up by the Sky +HD box in the living room.
      The very nice man at Sky says that you can somehow split the signal between the rooms, can you do this? If so how?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help you can give..

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,247 Times in 2,108 Posts

Re: Sky Multiroom & Sky HD in a Flat

If you have only two feeds which are both connected to the primary STB, then you will not be able to run a 2nd STB.

You can't split the feeds to run another STB. Each feed to a satellite receiver needs it's own connection.

What you could consider is fitting and using a Magic Eye so that you can watch & control the primary STB in more than one room.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Woodster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky Multiroom & Sky HD in a Flat

It can be done, quite easily, but not cheaply. Get a quote for someone to fit a Global SCR (Single Cable Router). This will give you 4 feeds down 1 cable and you will need to have some cabling done inside your flat. The fitting of the SCR will not affect anyone else's system, other than a temporary disconnect during installation.