Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New Sky+HD Box

This is a discussion on New Sky+HD Box within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hello everyone, hope your all well I have setup a new Sky+HD Box and have phoned Sky to pair the ...

MadGamer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity Option 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Question New Sky+HD Box

Hello everyone, hope your all well

I have setup a new Sky+HD Box and have phoned Sky to pair the card and activate the box. I do have a Sky+ Sub and this is where the problem comes in. When they paired the card to the box all the channels came up instantly... great , however the record/pause/rewind etc, are unavailable on the premium channels but are ok on channels such as BBC One. Why is this, and is it just a case of waiting? I have performed a callback and a forced firmware upgrade

OS Version: SYSF26.59.01
      EPG Software Version: 40.0.14.1

MadGamer

2. Advertisement
      MadGamer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity Option 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: New Sky+HD Box

All Sorted , First they tried to charge me 65 for a service call because they said that the box was faulty (this was an off shore call centre), phoned back the second time and got through to Scotland, turns out that when I phoned to pair the card to the box, they selected the wrong type of box (a Sky+) instead of a Sky+HD box, they realized the problem, sorted it and canceled the engineer, I now have all my recording features.

To try and get the + features working the off shore call centre (for which they are only doing their job) had me do planner rebuilds, full system resets etc, when I could record to the freesat channels (i.e. ITV, BBC etc), but not my subscribed ones.