Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

One channel recording, with a difference?

This is a discussion on One channel recording, with a difference? within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I am a new Sky user. I have a flat that has a communal dish. I knew before I got ...

One Wire Jim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

One channel recording, with a difference?

I am a new Sky user. I have a flat that has a communal dish. I knew before I got Sky that I wouldn't be able to use full Sky+, as I only have 1 feed. However, it seems that not only can I not record 2 programs at the same time, which I knew would be the case, but when I set up to record from the planner, I have to leave the Sky+HD box on the channel due to record, when I turn it off and go out, go to bed or what ever. This means that if I want to record something on 1 channel and something else on another channel later, after the first program is finished, I have to choose. The box wont jump from channel to channel to record.

This doesn't seem right. Can anyone help?

2. Advertisement
      Medicuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Poplar
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Free to Air
      Thanks

Re: One channel recording, with a difference?

With the one feed make sure you have anytime turned off, it may not be this but it does cause problems.

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: One channel recording, with a difference?

Make sure you are connected to Dish Input 1 on the digibox. Make sure that Single Feed mode is enabled. ( On the Sky remote, press Services, 0, 0, 1, Select. Then press Setup, highlight Single Feed Mode, switch to ON, and press green to Save Settings. ). Sky Anytime is disabled by default in Single Feed Mode and you should leave it that way.

Your various planned recordings with the box in standby should be OK thereafter ( provided they don't clash ).
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),