Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ Error 29 - No Satellite Signal Received

This is a discussion on Sky+ Error 29 - No Satellite Signal Received within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi, I have just had my living room replastered. During this time my Sky+ box (Pace) was safely tucked away ...

whirlwind147 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01438
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sky+ Error 29 - No Satellite Signal Received

Hi,

I have just had my living room replastered. During this time my Sky+ box (Pace) was safely tucked away under the stairs in a different room and wrapped up in a sheet.

Plasterers disappeared yesterday and i've gone to set the TV and all the gubbings up and i'm getting the good old error 29 message and nothing I do can get past it. I have tried the following solutions:

1. The secret engineers menu - Reset Transponder
      2. The secret engineers menu - LNB setup - Changed LNB Power supply and 22khz option both to off - saved, came out, went back in and changed back to on. (This worked for a friend of mine)
      3. Cut the ends off of the cables that go into the box and done a fresh connection (thought maybe the previous ones had got plaster dust in them or something).
      4. Checked the whole co-axial (?) cable to see if broken - it isn't.
      5. Took the dish ends of the cable out and changed them both to the free holes next to the ones they were plugged into (quad dish I believe?)
      6. Borrowed another sky box (standard) and plugged this in to receive the same message (without the numbers 29 in the corner).
      7. Gone in the signal test setup and I'm no getting one. Both fields are blank - I have previously seen a moving yellow bar in here.
      8. Performed a sky+ planner rebuild.

I am just about out of ideas and was wondering if anybody could give me anymore pointers because after all the work i've had done I can't really afford the 65 fee and I haven't watched TV in over a week!!

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ Error 29 - No Satellite Signal Received

As you have already tried another box and reset procedures the only things leff that it can be is that the dish has gone out of alignment or the LNB has broken.
      Unless you have the right equipment to realign the dish then i'm afraid you'll have to get someone out to fix it.

whirlwind147 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01438
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Hi Simon, thanks for the reply.

I assume the LNB is the box on the front of the dish that bounces the signal off of the dish itself? I can reach my dish as it is on a single storey extension on my house - I don't recall it having moved but I suppose any slight movement would cause a disruption??

Another question if I was to ring sky up and say i wanted to upgrade to a Sky Terabyte dish I'm assuming they would fix any problems they would find inclusive of the installation price?

Graham

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If you upgraded the box then yes they would sort out any dish/LNB problems you have. Your installation fee includes a new dish and LNB if you need it!
      A tiny amount of misalignment will cause a disruption and if it cant find the default transponder then it will come up with no satellite signal without loading any channels. Yes the LNB is the box with the cables coming out of it located on the arm of the dish.
      As you only have SKY+ you should be able to upgrade to SKY HD for free and just pay between 30 and 60 installation. The terabyte box will however cost at least 149 (maybe even 249 as you dont already have SKY HD) and they may charge you for the installation too.