Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Error 103 when going online

This is a discussion on Error 103 when going online within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I got a Sky+ box last week. It is connected into a BT extension socket (that BT installed) in my ...

Tal71 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

Error 103 when going online

I got a Sky+ box last week. It is connected into a BT extension socket (that BT installed) in my bedroom. The Sky+ box shows Telephone Line Connected.

I have broadband so I have the telephone lead that plugs into the Sky+ box connected to a filter and this in turn plugs into the BT socket.

Everytime I try to go online with my Sky+ box, for example when I go into Interactive, and choose My Sky Account/Manage My Account and then press select to go online, I always get a 103 error code. I was also trying last week to set up Remote Record through my Sky+ box and I got the 103 error and occasional got a 107 error if I'm not mistaken. What is the cause of this?

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Error 103 when going online

I have also tried adding the prefix to the telephone settings 1470 and also 142, but I just get in the callback window, prefix update has failed.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Error 103 when going online

I have just tried to view my Sky statement and it dials the freephone number and then after a short time it shows up'

'Sorry the online connection has been interupted. Please check your set top box is connected to the telephone line'

I have tried a second filter in but the problem still persists. I have also tried two other filters in but I still get the same problem.

I don't have call waiting on my line, but I do have caller display, I don't know if this makes any difference?