Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ cant record after card switch

This is a discussion on Sky+ cant record after card switch within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi new to this forum, hope someone can help. We have 2 sky boxes in our house with a multiroom ...

SueAitken is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky+ cant record after card switch

Hi new to this forum, hope someone can help.

We have 2 sky boxes in our house with a multiroom subscription. One of those boxes was the old standard digital and the other a sky+. On Monday we got the old standard box upgraded to Sky+HD box, in the evening I had to call Sky as the HD channels were still not active and the woman I spoke with instructed me to remove the viewing card from my Sky+ box and insert it in the Sky+HD box, I did so, she took system details, sent signal and the HD channels activated. She then said to put the viewing card from the old standard box into the Sky+ box, took details and said she sent signal to pair the card with the box.

However, later that night I noticed that my preset recordings failed on the Sky+ box and when I tried to set these up again it told me it wasnt avaliable and to call number to upgrade Sky+ subscription, so I did this on Tues evening and they once again took details and sent a "stronger" signal. I checked again this morning and I am still not able to record (channels appear fine).

What I am now wondering is if a viewing card from old standard box can be used in Sky+ box for recording? If it can then why did I have to use my Sky+ viewing card in the Sky+HD box to begin with, couldnt they have used the standard box card?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am gonna have to call them again tonight.

Sorry for long winded explanation

2. Advertisement
      The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ cant record after card switch

Call Sky back and check to make sure the correct card is the correct box and again ask them to pair the cards up again.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.