Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

marrying cards ??????/

This is a discussion on marrying cards ??????/ within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; i recently bought a sky + hd box on ebay and installed it myself with a quad LNB i get ...

hd satisifed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

marrying cards ??????/

i recently bought a sky + hd box on ebay and installed it myself with a quad LNB i get a grt picture on my old sky box iv switched to my sky +hd and called sky to marry my box with my card after several calls being left on hold for over an hour they keep telling me that they cannot marry the box to the card their words it just wont lets it go through any advise please ?

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: marrying cards ??????/

The only thing i can think of is that the serial number of the box has been identified as stolen or something similar and as such it has been blocked in Sky's system.

Only guessing as i have never once had a problem with marrying cards and it only ever takes 5 mins on the phone.

Was it a new box on ebay from a reputable dealer?

The only other thing is that if you didn;t have skyhd before, then they have to set up a sky hd account before marrying it, but this should be common process for them.