Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

problems copying from hard drive onto DVD & want to switch beep off

This is a discussion on problems copying from hard drive onto DVD & want to switch beep off within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi all, I've just bought a dvd-recorder with freeview to take advantage of the record 2 programs at once on ...

dj-toonz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: three hsdpa
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

problems copying from hard drive onto DVD & want to switch beep off

Hi all, I've just bought a dvd-recorder with freeview to take advantage of the record 2 programs at once on the sky+ box as Tv hasn't got a freeview tuner built in & having problems trying to back up a series that I've got on the hard drive onto DVD

here's how I've got it set up

TV out on the sky+ box - AV1 on TV
      Video on the sky+ box - AV2 (video on the DVD-rewriter)
      TV on the DVD rewriter - AV2 on TV

I can watch the Sky+box on the DVD-rewriter no problem but once I've hit the record button the remote *DVD* after putting the sky+box into copy on the planner & it starts playing the screen starts bouncing around & picture breaking up like washed out & image rolling, press stop on the DVD remote (it asks me if I want to finalise the DISC, I say no then it does the title add of what I've just recorded. got watch the test I've done and it's the same as when It was recording. Awful . How do you record 100% proper from the sky+ box onto DVD? what ever I do I can't get a decent recording made and how do you get the play icon & the EPG box off the recording as well? every test I've done the playback symbol has shown up on the recording

Now the other problem, before I got the DVD-recorder, when I put the box into standby with TV switched on there was no loud beeping noise, but now with the DVD-recorder connected to the Sky+ box there's a very loud beeping noise when I put box into standby (I have to switch TV off first before I can put the box into standby) how do you switch the beep off, if I want to watch freeview though the DVD-recorder and have the sky+box switched off (at the moment I can't do that) it even does it when I'm in AV2 mode

cheers

2. Advertisement
      skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: problems copying from hard drive onto DVD & want to switch beep off

ok,
      SKY BOX
      AV1->TV AV1
      AV2->DVD AV2

DVD
      AV1->TV AV2
      AV2->SKY AV2

tune intoav2 on tv
      tune into av2 on dvd
      on sky press copy
      on dvd press rec

newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

To remove the play icon start the playback in the adverts and then press record when it has disappeeared or press the back up button and pressing play and it will go.

Are you recording copyright material, does SKy allow it to be recorded to DVD. Some movies look washed out and sound distorted when recording. This is Sky's way of stopping you.
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I had the connections in the wrong way around (why it was all looking awful) , that doesn't work when I'm using the copy mode in the planner as when I push either the fast-forward or rewind button it goes back to planner mode, so I have to leave it playing in . the only other way I can do it is, is recording live mode (but that shows up the stupid, the program on the channel is about the start press select to view it or (R) to record) I'm still getting my head around how to use the DVD-Recorder, it work's great recording off freeview, just press the TV Guide, scroll though what you want to record & press (R) on the button, Make sure there's a disc inserted & away you go. just like the sky+ box, but I can't get used to recording from the box via EXT2 mode onto DVD also can't get rid of the beep (why does it do that) when you put the sky+box into standby when the DVD-recorders connected? though the speakers

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

the beep is when the sound go on and off, hen i turn on my tv at the wall, its pops from the speakers

the copy function puts up the information for x seconds then plays the WHOLE recording, and you cannot rewind/fastforward

it is designed to be lest overnight

Exchange:
      Thanks

Cheers for that , at the moment I've got mine set up recording automatically + & - for the program or film (but that puts like 4 or 5 minutes before & after the recording) what's the best way to set up the sky+ box to work proper with the recorder, would it be better setting it up using 0 minutes before & after the program or film (but knowing my luck I'd miss some of the start & end what I want to record with over running programs . I can record normally using the built in freeview on the recorder & the record on the + box no problem, just wasting loads of disks trying to record from the + box at the moment, trying to set it up proper so I get a decent recording on to dvd

Nigelh is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Hitchin
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: and Multiroom
      Thanks

I never use copy, as you get the build up to whatever you want to record. I've always found it easier to use play, get to the start of the film, or whatever, and press record on my DVD recorder and play on the sky plus box at once. Yes if you're recording a series you have to do each seperately, but you only record what you actually want.

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

you coul play the recording and do it that way, you could then fast forward

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

It would have been better if you had bought a DVD recorder with a HDD. I never had much success recording straight to DVD disk from the plus box even when playing and recording at the same time. If you have a HDD you can edit out every thing you want, including adverts, before you burn it to disk.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.