Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+, Magic Eye(et al) and Freesat

This is a discussion on Sky+, Magic Eye(et al) and Freesat within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hello Moving to a new house soon and I will be re-subscribing to Sky + (I know you can carry ...

Flapper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hornchurch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky+, Magic Eye(et al) and Freesat

Hello

Moving to a new house soon and I will be re-subscribing to Sky + (I know you can carry over your current subscription but I had to cancel as we moved in with the outlaws for a couple of months) and wanted to wire up an old Sky+ box in the bedroom. I've read that the Magic eye will enable to me watch what is currently showing on the main STB but does it allow for full functionality e.g. recording, pause etc.... as I also read reports that it doesn't!!

Also I wanted to wire up the old Sky+ box in the same bedroom as the magic eye and have Freesat. Is this possible and do you think the Sky engineer would run a single cable into the bedroom to enable this while doing the main Sky+ install??

Finally, I have a lot of films on the old Sky+ STB. Can I watch them now that my subscription has come to an end (I would test but I currently don't have anywhere to test )

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky+, Magic Eye(et al) and Freesat

The magic eye will control all the functions of the Sky+ receiver it is connected to, play, record etc.

As long as the receiver used for Freesat is not another Sky+ or Sky+HD receiver you will be ok, if you use either of the other two, they will respond to the remote control at the same time.

You will not be able to watch anything off the Sky+ unless you have an active subscription on the original card you used to record them on.