Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ won't record from planner

This is a discussion on Sky+ won't record from planner within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hiya. Just had a sky+ box fitted and had set up a few programmes to record. Happened to be in ...

Jen_binky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky+ won't record from planner

Hiya. Just had a sky+ box fitted and had set up a few programmes to record. Happened to be in the room when one was supposed to be recording and noticed that it hadn't. When I looked at the channel it said no satalite sig was being revived so tried another channel and signal was fine. Anyway went into the tv guide and saw something I wanted to record and presses r but nothing happened so went to the channel and no sat signal messege appeared but when I went into the planner and deleted it and here is where it gets strange as I went back to the channel and it was working and I presses record while on the channel and it worked. I've only got the one rf signal as it comes off a communal dish so could this have something to do with it? Told sky that there was only one cable feed and they said it would be fine and that I just wouldn't be able to record two things at once so can't understand why the planner doesn't work. Could it be trying to record off a nonexistant second feed? Any ideas on what's going on would be great!! Thanks! ( hope this all makes sense!)

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ won't record from planner

If you are only using one feed then the receiver will not turn over to the correct channel to record unless you also set up a dummy recording so both are running at the same time, either that or you need to leave it on the right channel, a pain if you are recording two different things on different channels and not their to swap over manually.

Is there any way you can get a second feed in?

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

"Could it be trying to record off a nonexistant second feed?"

I think the answer is yes, that's exactly what it's trying to do.

The Sky+ box has two tuners, one for watching and one for recording (or both for recording if you set two programmes to record at the same time via the Planner).

As you don't have a second feed then the Sky+ box never finds a signal where it expects it, except if you set two concurrent recordings.

You need two feeds from the LNB for Sky+ or Sky+ HD to operate fully.

Jen_binky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Ok thank guys. I have set up two recordings and one of them worked so looks like I'm going to have to try and work out a system and see which programme it records and assume it's the second programme which I pick thta records. I am unable to get a second feed in as it's all built in into the house itself when it was coonverted about 12 years ago so I'm assuming no one in the development can get the full sky+

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

There are many ways you could get it but it may be at a cost, does the management company or landlord have a supplier contracted? They may be able to sort it.