Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Strange Sky+ "No Signal" problem

This is a discussion on Strange Sky+ "No Signal" problem within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I was watching TV last night when I suddenly got the "No Signal is Being Received" message. It didn't bother ...

fatmarl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Strange Sky+ "No Signal" problem

I was watching TV last night when I suddenly got the "No Signal is Being Received" message. It didn't bother me too much as I was on my way to bed. Tried it again this morning and it was the same (the ony channel I can receive is Channel 5). However, if I start to record a program on ANY channel (receiving signal or not), all my channels suddenly re-appear! BUT, I cannot view the channel I am recording from the recorded programs list, and neither does the red indicator on the front of the box light uo to show that a recording is in progress.

The box is a Amstrad A2S0604. When I run a signal test, inputs 1 and 2 strength are about 60% and quality is above 70%. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Ian.

2. Advertisement
      sghog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Strange Sky+ "No Signal" problem

There are some other threads on this forum and on digitalspy forum that cover this problem. I personally had/have the same issue with my Amstrad box. Seems to have been caused by the recent software update. There are a few things to try (find them on the other threads). A full system reset also seems to work but you'll loose all recorded programs in your planner. Also has to said that some folk seem to think it's not the software update that has caused the issue. I tend to disagree.
      I've had no repeat of the "No Signal being Received" error for 24hrs (I lost all channels), but box was in standby this morning (I have auto standby off)

Good Luck

maxinc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: rhiwdern
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi fatmarl,

I have had this a few times and normally just do the reset, witch it off for a couple of mins the back on without the card in, turn it back on after a couple of mins then wait for the insert card message. normally works, the other one a sky engineer told me was to disconnect the LNB cables from the back of the box for a few seconds then reconnect ( not tried this one in a while).

I believe these are the ones sky's helpdesk take you through before a full reset.

hope it helps

fatmarl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It looks like I've sorted it. I disconnected ALL cables from the box, left it for half an hour and reconnected. All seems to be OK now (fingers crossed!).