Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Listing delay

This is a discussion on Listing delay within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I have just installed Sky+ which I am over the moon with.(especially pause live TV) My problem is that when ...

bazelk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wife for an Aston Martin, asap
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Question Listing delay

I have just installed Sky+ which I am over the moon with.(especially pause live TV)

My problem is that when I select TV guide then any of the next categories ie documentaries, kids etc etc indeed all of them, there is approx a 6sec delay showing a blank screen before it displays the list of available programs.

Another thing I have noticed is that when the list is displayed it is very slightly blurred.
      Any suggestions?

I am of course comparing this to my original standard Sky box which showed the list immediately and was crystal clear.

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Re: Listing delay

Don't say I've stumped you all with this one

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

You say you have just installed it, did you do it yourself?
      Try updating the software by following the instructions for a 'blue screen' problem in the handbook. Page 66 if they have not changed it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I did do the install myself.
      I have performed a software update,installers reset,LNB reset, and checked the signal strength/quality which is showing as, input 1= 70% & 80% input 2= 80% & 80% so I am at a bit of a loss as to what it could be as all the function of the box work as they should, but for the delay in displaying the listings, (which on some categories can take up to 10 sec)

The screen does show the catogary in the 6 to 10 sec delay but not the available programs, so not a totally blue screen

Just as a point when I fitted the new quad LNB to get a good quality reading (on screen) I had to turn the LNB to about 5 degrees from top dead centre, "clockwise as you look straight at it from behind and toward the dish"

The Sky+ box its self is only a month old but was bought of eBay, so if it is a fault with the box there is no warranty on it I guess?
      My gut feeling points me toward the LNB but I'm no expert.

Any ideas?

Garfty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I have the same thing, I installed mine myself as well as I live in a flat and all of the connections were there, all I needed to do was make the new cable for the second feed.

I have a delay when opening up the listings, blue screen shows for about 6-10 seconds, then everything flies through.

Let me know if you find out how to fix this

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think this is going to need advise from someone like Kenedin who seems well versed in this type of thing. Maybe if you dropped him a PM telling him of your problem he may be able to help. The forum is so large now it is difficult to keep track of all the posts and maybe he or another who has the 'Knowledge' has not come across this post.

I must say, the fact that both are self installs, suggests you may have missed a setting somewhere, but I don't know enough to be of help.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.