Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ problems with standby

This is a discussion on Sky+ problems with standby within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I have had Sky+for many years with very few problems and about 15 months I upgraded the hard disk in ...

stevelizharris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01858
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky+ problems with standby

I have had Sky+for many years with very few problems and about 15 months I upgraded the hard disk in my Sky+ box and it worked very well until last November.

If the box went into standby none of the record or live TV functions were available. If the box was switched off and then on again everything would work.

I turned auto standby off but still have the same problem as we sometimes inadvertently put the box on standby and then it does not record.

The box is a pace 6.2.03 version number 9F2106

OS 1.31B07

EPG 5.04.e

I hope someone can help as this is very frustrating - I spoke to the Call Centre and was told that they would update the software but that the machine must never be put on standby which is easier said than done.

2. Advertisement
      Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ problems with standby

I had something similar happen to me earlier this week with the box permanently not coming out of stand by. My problem was a failed hard drive of which Sky came down and replaced the box. It could also be a PSU problem . Have you tried a system update yourself? Press the back up button on the Sky+box at the same time as powering on , follow the on screen instructions