Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

failed and clashed recordings

This is a discussion on failed and clashed recordings within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi All, My sky plus box fails to record lots of programmes now, it keeps saying they failed or have ...

shaun23 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01733
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

failed and clashed recordings

Hi All,
      My sky plus box fails to record lots of programmes now, it keeps saying they failed or have clashed, i have to also keep ressetting my box as on quite a few occassions when i switch channels to watch something it says there is a technical fault with this channel, if i then remove the power cord for a minute then plug back in and leave for a minute before switching on it works, any ideas as its getting quite frustrating. I dont know what make my box is but it has a small dv3 in the right hand corner.
      Thanks in advance for any help.
      Shaun

2. Advertisement
      splodge712 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: failed and clashed recordings

I too am having the same problem as you with the failed/clashed recordings. It would seem from reading different forums that it may be the hard drive, but I'd be grateful if anyone who has solved this problem with replacing the hard drive could confirm if this did work.

The other option I am toying with is upgrading to HD but I don't want to pay the 10 per month - is there any other way of getting Sky HD but paying a "one off" charge, or because I'm tied to Sky (no cable or other options for tv reception) will I have to pay the 10 per month? I'd be grateful if anyone has any answers ....!

Ned Ludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haxby
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: TP-Link WR2543ND
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

Re: failed and clashed recordings

Funny that! Same thing's been happening to me over the weekend. We were recording Top Gear, switched channels and could still hear Top Gear but had no picture.
      I wondered if some kind of update was being rolled out?
      Mines an Amstrad box, had it about 3 weeks. It replaced a Thomson box after about 2 weeks!
      Geoff, York.
      Can't call me a Luddite now!