Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ box crashing

This is a discussion on Sky+ box crashing within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I have a Pace V1 Sky+ box which is now 4 years old. I've periodically had problems with the record ...

mccaba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky+ box crashing

I have a Pace V1 Sky+ box which is now 4 years old. I've periodically had problems with the record / playback crashing which has required a full reset. However, this is now happening more and more regulalry - twice in last 2 weeks. Its a real bind since I loose all my saved programmes in the planner.

I spoke to Sky who took me through the rebuild etc, but they also did a remote health check on the box and report it as in good working order. The disc seemed to be OK although running slightly hotter than normal.

Two queries please :-

Any idea what could be causing these more regular failures ? At 4 years, is the box maybe past its sell by date ?

I'm toying with going to Sky+ HD. Does this use the same dish and LNB array, in which case can I just buy an HD box and connect it to the existing LNB outputs, and register with Sky for HD ?

Thanks
      Andrew

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ box crashing

Sounds like the hard drive is fsiking, I had similar problems with mine, easy fix, fit a new drive, you can get them at a good price and with a much better capacity.

A SkyHD will fit directly to your system, all you will need to do is to ring Sky and pair your card to the new box.