Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

BBC & ITV regions

This is a discussion on BBC & ITV regions within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi, I've had a quick look on the forums and have found a few posts that are similar to my ...

davey_e is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

BBC & ITV regions

Hi,

I've had a quick look on the forums and have found a few posts that are similar to my query but can't find anything that answers my query exactly.

I've just bought a Sky+ box on ebay and plugged it in last night (just using one feed at the moment as i haven't got round to fitting quad lnb and running new cable and haven't phoned Sky to switch on Sky+) and I put my existing viewing card in the box, but when I go to BBC1/2 and ITV1 I get London region (I'm in Scotland). I've seen on some of the similar forum posts that the region is coded to the viewing card, but if thats the case why am I still getting the wrong region when I'm using my own card?

What do I need to do to fix this? (I know that I can view all the regions on the 900 channels, but thats a pain so I want to have 101, 103 etc on the correct region.

One other quick question: Is it normal for a Sky+ box to be quite noisy (hard drive spinning noise) even when the box is on standby? (the box is a Pace TDS470N)

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: BBC & ITV regions

You will have to ring Sky to pair your existing card with your new box otherwise you only get the free channels. At the moment, the box doesn't care what card you have in it.

Ring Sky, tell them that you have a new Sky+ box and ask them to pair the card and the box. There is no extra charge for this (other than the cost of the call).

psu300 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ealow
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Is it normal for a Sky+ box to be quite noisy (hard drive spinning noise) even when the box is on standby? (the box is a Pace TDS470N)
      The exhaust fan on the Sky+ box does keep running for a little while after you switch it to stand by( mine does ).This could be the noise you are hearing.

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

If you have Sky Anytime selected then the box will appear to be recording at unpredictable times to keep the Sky Anytime programmes up to date.

davey_e is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thumbs up Re: BBC & ITV regions

Thanks FelixTCat for your reply. I just phoned sky (using one of the local numbers on saynoto0870.com which got me straight through to a uk operator ) and they activated Sky+ for me and paired the card to the box and everythings working fine now. Just need to fit the quad lnb and run cables and I'll be sorted.

Thanks also for the replies on the noisy box. Not sure if it is Anytime causing it or if its the fan, but I'll keep an ear on it and see if it gets any worse. Its not really that noisy so I'm sure I can live with it.

Thanks again.

Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davey_e View Post
      Thanks FelixTCat for your reply. I just phoned sky (using one of the local numbers on saynoto0870.com which got me straight through to a uk operator ) and they activated Sky+ for me and paired the card to the box and everythings working fine now. Just need to fit the quad lnb and run cables and I'll be sorted.

Thanks also for the replies on the noisy box. Not sure if it is Anytime causing it or if its the fan, but I'll keep an ear on it and see if it gets any worse. Its not really that noisy so I'm sure I can live with it.

Thanks again.
      Anytime pretty much only works over night. If you put the box into standby during the day then it shouldn't thrash. Does the box get a good amount of airflow around it? The fan runs to force cool the box internals.