Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unrequested Sky+ Recordings

This is a discussion on Unrequested Sky+ Recordings within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi, Has anyone else experienced shows that you wouldn't watch in a million years appearing in the planner? Last night ...

Tetse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EACVI
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Lightbulb Unrequested Sky+ Recordings

Hi, Has anyone else experienced shows that you wouldn't watch in a million years appearing in the planner?
      Last night at about 10.45, whilst deleting a watched programme the planner was "searching" for a programme on an undisclosed channel at 11.05pm. As I wasn't about to record anything I deleted this. I then noticed about 4 progs over the next few days scheduled for recording - things that neither my wife or I would watch. I cancelled them and so far nothing has reappeared.
      The girl at sky reckoned it was nothing they could have done and that someone in my house would have had to do it via the rc. As I have to be practically dead before my wife will do recording - no way!
      5 yrs ago when I first got the box several unrequested progs "failed" during recording and deleting them proved near impossible. Forcing a system back-up got rid of the headers - but I lost 15% of the HDD space, which I was never able to regain. Back then I found similar references on forums (digital spy, the register - can't remember).
      Can anyone shed some light?

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Unrequested Sky+ Recordings

Quote Originally Posted by Tetse View Post
      Can anyone shed some light?
      Expired series link codes.

Broadcasters use a series link code which allows Sky+ to provide this function. The problem is that they're not very good at ensuring that any new codes they generate haven't been used previously. What is happening is that a code used for a series you recorded some time previously has been reused and your box has "remembered" it so kicking off a recording.