Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ confusion! Help!

This is a discussion on Sky+ confusion! Help! within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi everyone, I'm a newbie so be gentle with me please! I had my sky+ box installed on Saturday. At ...

neilislington is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 020
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Question Sky+ confusion! Help!

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie so be gentle with me please! I had my sky+ box installed on Saturday. At first the engineer told me that I didn't have 2 feeds, but then when he checked he said that I did have 2 feeds but that my 2nd feed was coming thru the "radio" socket. So he changed the connection on the cable and connected the box. He left saying all was ok. However, I am having the following problems...

1) I can record 2 channels at the same time but only if they are either BBC1, BBC2, Channel 4 or Five. So if, for example, I try to record BBC1 and ITV then I can only record BBC1. ITV says there is no signal and fails ro record.

2) If I am recording Channel 4 and Five at the same time I can still view all the other channels. However, if I am recording BBC1 and Channel 4 at the same time then I can only view one of the 2 channels being recorded.

3) If I am viewing ITV then I can press R and record it, but all the other channels will say "no signal". However, if I am viewing any other channel then I can't record ITV even if i have preset it to record.

Does any of this make sense?? I am not very technical so bear with me!

Neil

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ confusion! Help!

Is the dish yours and yours only or is it a communal dish.

Sounds like the engineer has botched it by splitting a single feed instead of putting a full 2nd feed in.

If it is a communal dish, then you're gonna struggle.