Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ box telecomms issue

This is a discussion on Sky+ box telecomms issue within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi All, I wonder if anyone has come across a problem that I'm having and can help me. I have ...

Jaiyan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sky+ box telecomms issue

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone has come across a problem that I'm having and can help me. I have a Sky+ installation and my box is plugged into a telephone socket - no phone or microfilters are on this socket, solely the Sky+ box.

Quite simply, when I try to order a movie via the Box Office menu, I persistently receive a message saying "Ensure that an operating telephone line is connected". Pretty clear error message, looks like a problem with the line or socket in theory.

However, there is evidence to the contrary:

a) I know that this socket works fine as I have tried a telephone in the socket.
      b) When I was on the phone activating my card after installation, Sky sent the activation down my telephone line to the box, so I know that the Sky+ box can receive information down it's current line through the socket.
      c) As a further test in the other direction, I have entered a competition through Sky Text whereby my Sky+ box had to dial out. It did this without problem.
      d) I have checked my box settings in the Installation menu, and the box is set to 'Tone' and no dial-out prefix, so that's correct too.
      e) I know I don't have any 1571 message on the line that would alter the dial tone.

In short, the Sky+ box can dial out and it can receive data sent down the line to it; however box office orders simply don't recognise a line works.

Does anyone have any experience of this? It seems very strange that part of the Sky+ box software sees the line, but another part doesn't.

Thanks,

Lloyd

2. Advertisement
      Jaiyan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ box telecomms issue

I have added a resolution here.