Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

no satellite signal is being received (29)

This is a discussion on no satellite signal is being received (29) within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi all, Just to confirm some of the other advice given here; I had the same problem 'code 29' and ...

easyway is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Thumbs up Re: no satellite signal is being received (29)

Hi all,

Just to confirm some of the other advice given here; I had the same problem 'code 29' and after talking to some friendly but rather useless tech support guy in INDIA, I declined his offer of a 65 engineer visit and searched the net.

I found this and other forums and can confirm that after resetting the LNB settings (power OFF - save new settings, power ON - save new settings and also resetting the transponder setting to default; I switched the LNB feeds and hey presto! all is well again.

Thanks to all who posted info, it's a pleasure not to give SKY another small fortune!

2. Advertisement
      Southernrover is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: no satellite signal is being received (29)

Im getting Intermittant loss of certain channels at random times with the NO SATELITE SIGNAL and code 25.
      It affects different channels, mainly the Discovery group although last night I could not get BBC3.
      Other times the channels are ok.
      Customer support talked me through the LNB reset but still having trouble at times.
      The box is under warranty so it wont be long until i give up and request a new one.
      Anyone else have any thoughts?
      Rick

Mooney1974 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: no satellite signal is being received (29)

I received the 'No satellite signal - error 29' message a couple of weeks ago, only a month after having my Sky installed.

When the engineer inspectected the dish / cabling it turned out that the original engineer had failed to put a seal on the cable where it connects to the dish. As a result water had got in and was causing the problem.

This has now been resolved and so far so good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12